Registering for AMCAS question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nuneyah

Undergrad grad 2013!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I already searched this question, and the thread that came up (from last September, I think) had the same scenerio but didn't answer my question.

I'm a few years from having to fill it out, but I want to register for AMCAS because I'm really curious to see the application and have nothing better to do.

My question is, are you able to later change the address, email, and phone number that they initially get for your account? Is it easy to change those things?

I have no desire to fill anything out or hit 'Submit.'

Members don't see this ad.

Feel free to create an account and check it out. You'll find that it won't progress from page to page until you enter some of the information. Whatever you enter won't carry over from year to year, though the account and password will stay the same. The address, email, and phone number are information you can change and update, even after you submit.

Feel free to create an account and check it out. You'll find that it won't progress from page to page until you enter some of the information. Whatever you enter won't carry over from year to year, though the account and password will stay the same. The address, email, and phone number are information you can change and update, even after you submit.

Gracias, Catalystik!

Members don't see this ad :)
so your AMCAS ID stays the same?

also, if you enter data now, will it just be erased June 1st, 2010?

so your AMCAS ID stays the same?

also, if you enter data now, will it just be erased June 1st, 2010?

Yes, it will be erased, so every year you must re-enter all your information.

What? Are you sure? I have heard contradictory information on SDN.

I'm pretty sure, but I have never nor will I ever have to find out if that is the case. Thankfully I am done with AMCAS forever. I'm sure some one else can confirm or refute this.

I'm pretty sure, but I have never nor will I ever have to find out if that is the case. Thankfully I am done with AMCAS forever. I'm sure some one else can confirm or refute this.

I am also sure when the new application is released at the start of the 2010 cycle, all the data you previously entered before that date will be erased. Your username and password remains the same though. So if you really want to go ahead and start filling out your info earlier, just be sure to save those pages as pdf or print a copy for easy reentry later.