Registering for DATs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

john9192

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
People who already took the DATs,
did you guys checked all of the schools that you were planning on applying to and payed like $400 for the DATs? or, did you guys just check 5 schools (that are free) and then requested them later on. Just curious. I'm trying to register for it and want to know how you all did it.

Members don't see this ad.

I knew which schools I was applying to, so I just shelled out the money and sent my DATs to all of them.

I knew which schools I was applying to, so I just shelled out the money and sent my DATs to all of them.

Same here Fuji.

I shelled out $400 to send out the scores right away.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks guys,
That was my plan but I freaked out after seeing $495 total or something.
lol..

I would only send it to schools that you can actually get into, most state schools take only 1 or 2 exceptional candidates from out of state. No need to waste your money on theses, if you aren't one..

I would only send it to schools that you can actually get into, most state schools take only 1 or 2 exceptional candidates from out of state. No need to waste your money on theses, if you aren't one..

exactly. stick to your state school(s) and the privates.

picked 13 schools. paid $375 :thumbdown:

thanks for the advices,

My GPA is about overall 3.5 and science 3.3, my extracurriculars are decent. I'm planning on applying about 18 schools (mostly private) to increase my chance of getting in the first time around. When i selected all of these schools , the DAT total came out to be high $400s.

Here are the schools I'm thinking of:
BU, Case, Columbia, Loma Linda, Marquette, NYU, Temple, Tufts, UCLA, UCSF, UConn, Maryland, UMDNJ, Penn, USC, UoP, UW, UNLV,

Please let me know how I could increase my chance. and yes, I'm going to be applying 5/15.

If you're short on cash or on the fence about some schools, you could always check 5 schools and then add other schools later.

When I went to different school websites, I was really surprised at some of the science pre-requisites that were required in addition to the usual: physics, chemistry, biology.

Save yourself a LOT of money by doing a little research and applying smartly.

so we don't have to put more then 5 schools and then selected after we get scores?

Just put 5 schools first since its included AND then select the others when you get the scores back! :thumbup:

Pays to do research on schools and how they operate with regards to admissions. Loma Linda for instance...might be a waste of money with your stats unless you are sda?

Pays to do research on schools and how they operate with regards to admissions. Loma Linda for instance...might be a waste of money with your stats unless you are sda?

why would loma limda be waste of money? It seems like they have low gpa compared to others. I'm not sda but i am religious so i thought i would have a slight advantage.