Registering for the DAT - Why is it taking so long?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FatalExtraction

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if I did something wrong while I was registering to take the DAT and set my date. I wanted to take it in about two weeks from now but I registered and paid my fee already about 2 weeks ago. From what I understand and from what it states on the ADA website, I'm supposed to wait to get something in the mail after they've "reviewed my application" although it was nothing but a registration card basically, and im supposed to call the number they give me and set my date (i also heard that once i call, i could hypothetically make an appointment at the testing center to take the test within two days given that its not a busy day...not that i would but this is what i understood)...did i do something wrong? Why havent i heard from them? Does it normally take a while to hear from them or should i start worrying? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Call the appropriate ADA department and tell them that you have not recieved your letter, If it has been sent thet will give you the number to prometric (a 800 number). You can also call prometric, find their website and get the number.
-C

Members don't see this ad :)
or you could just sign up for the exam on the Prometric website

FatalExtraction said:
I was wondering if I did something wrong while I was registering to take the DAT and set my date. I wanted to take it in about two weeks from now but I registered and paid my fee already about 2 weeks ago. From what I understand and from what it states on the ADA website, I'm supposed to wait to get something in the mail after they've "reviewed my application" although it was nothing but a registration card basically, and im supposed to call the number they give me and set my date (i also heard that once i call, i could hypothetically make an appointment at the testing center to take the test within two days given that its not a busy day...not that i would but this is what i understood)...did i do something wrong? Why havent i heard from them? Does it normally take a while to hear from them or should i start worrying? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

U dont have to wait for the mail, just go to 2test.com and register urself. I've done this twice(since retaking), and it worked for me. They will ask u to enter the code, it will be ur social #.

hey thanks for replying...yah so i was starting to get worried...it didnt sound like it was gonna take a long time from what i read...ill go look for the number...and if i sign up through them, would i still have to pay another fee? i already dished out $175...how do they know i already tried to register? i have a confirmation code perhaps ill have to put that in somewhere...lemme go check heh

thanks guys for all of your help!

aight cool i just registered for it...don don don....D-Day is on June 28th for me...looks like im gonna have to take it a week later than planned...o well sall good more time to study....ackkk wish me luck :oops:

thanks for all of your help guys

That's when i took it last year!!
;) Good luck

not to change the subject of this thread, but quick question!

I AM ABOUT TO REGISTER FOR THE EXAM, and on the question where it asks if i want my name made available to schools for recruitment purposes, whatd's that MEAN? DO WE SAY YES.

and also one more ? if I DONT KNOW THE SCHOOLS THAT im applying to yet, can i JUST LEAVE THE SCHOOLS NAMES unchecked...until afterwards? anyone know????

thanks for the help again everyeone..........

FatalExtraction said:
aight cool i just registered for it...don don don....D-Day is on June 28th for me...looks like im gonna have to take it a week later than planned...o well sall good more time to study....ackkk wish me luck :oops:

thanks for all of your help guys
Im still waiting for that paper for 2 weeks also! Did you regiter form 2test.com?

yah i went to 2test.com and at first i didnt know what it wanted me to pick from the scroll down menu...but after about a minute, I looked closely at what those names were on the list and i found it was the names of various organizations... so when u go to that list, scroll down to American Dental Association and then ull get to select ur location, then enter in ur social security number and, its fairly simple after that...

hope that helps...good luck with ur DAT and studying