Knicks17

"First Pakistani-American Surgeon General?"
2+ Year Member
May 1, 2016
Concrete Jungle
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Just wondering, what schools reward reinvention? I see that phrase a lot on the WAMC forum, it would be nice if some one could list them out. Also does a 3.6 for a semester count as an upward trend, considering for example your gpa was like a 3.0?

MonkeyArrow

2+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Paging @Goro for the reinvention list. As to the second question, no; there needs to be a longer period of sustained academic performance for it to be an upward trend.

Knicks17

2+ Year Member
May 1, 2016
Concrete Jungle
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Paging @Goro for the reinvention list. As to the second question, no; there needs to be a longer period of sustained academic performance for it to be an upward trend.

I understand that a trend needs to be for a sustained period of time, but would a 3.6 over 3 semester be considered a trend? One of my friends is in that situation and was wondering if that would be considered a noticeable upwards trend.

About the Ads

Goro

SDN Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
Just wondering, what schools reward reinvention? I see that phrase a lot on the WAMC forum, it would be nice if some one could list them out. Also does a 3.6 for a semester count as an upward trend, considering for example your gpa was like a 3.0?
BU
Your state schools
Case
Mayo
Hofstra
Duke
Columbia
UCSF
Pitt
Duke
Tufts
U Miami
Loyola
Rosy F
Drexel
NYMC
Dartmouth
Albany
Tulane
For MD, an MCAT of 513+ is needs (maybe 510+ for your state schools, and for DO, 508+)

I understand that a trend needs to be for a sustained period of time, but would a 3.6 over 3 semester be considered a trend? One of my friends is in that situation and was wondering if that would be considered a noticeable upwards trend.
My rule of thumb is 3.7+. You need to be aceing things, not Beesing them.

Knicks17

2+ Year Member
May 1, 2016
Concrete Jungle
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
BU
Your state schools
Case
Mayo
Hofstra
Duke
Columbia
UCSF
Pitt
Duke
Tufts
U Miami
Loyola
Rosy F
Drexel
NYMC
Dartmouth
Albany
Tulane
For MD, an MCAT of 513+ is needs (maybe 510+ for your state schools, and for DO, 508+)

My rule of thumb is 3.7+. You need to be aceing things, not Beesing them.

Hey @Goro thanks your responses are always helpful!

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.