Reinvention question?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Knicks17

"First Pakistani-American Surgeon General?"
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering, what schools reward reinvention? I see that phrase a lot on the WAMC forum, it would be nice if some one could list them out. Also does a 3.6 for a semester count as an upward trend, considering for example your gpa was like a 3.0?

Members don't see this ad.

Paging @Goro for the reinvention list. As to the second question, no; there needs to be a longer period of sustained academic performance for it to be an upward trend.

Paging @Goro for the reinvention list. As to the second question, no; there needs to be a longer period of sustained academic performance for it to be an upward trend.

I understand that a trend needs to be for a sustained period of time, but would a 3.6 over 3 semester be considered a trend? One of my friends is in that situation and was wondering if that would be considered a noticeable upwards trend.

Members don't see this ad :)
I understand that a trend needs to be for a sustained period of time, but would a 3.6 over 3 semester be considered a trend?
Figure a U shape. Does it represent a U shape?

Just wondering, what schools reward reinvention? I see that phrase a lot on the WAMC forum, it would be nice if some one could list them out. Also does a 3.6 for a semester count as an upward trend, considering for example your gpa was like a 3.0?
BU
Your state schools
Case
Mayo
Hofstra
Duke
Columbia
UCSF
Pitt
Duke
Tufts
U Miami
Loyola
Rosy F
Drexel
NYMC
Dartmouth
Albany
Tulane
For MD, an MCAT of 513+ is needs (maybe 510+ for your state schools, and for DO, 508+)

I understand that a trend needs to be for a sustained period of time, but would a 3.6 over 3 semester be considered a trend? One of my friends is in that situation and was wondering if that would be considered a noticeable upwards trend.
My rule of thumb is 3.7+. You need to be aceing things, not Beesing them.

BU
Your state schools
Case
Mayo
Hofstra
Duke
Columbia
UCSF
Pitt
Duke
Tufts
U Miami
Loyola
Rosy F
Drexel
NYMC
Dartmouth
Albany
Tulane
For MD, an MCAT of 513+ is needs (maybe 510+ for your state schools, and for DO, 508+)

My rule of thumb is 3.7+. You need to be aceing things, not Beesing them.

Hey @Goro thanks your responses are always helpful!

Reactions: 1 user