Rejected List for Fall 2009 :0(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmDlinz84

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, since I obtained my 2nd rejection letter, I thought I'd start a rejection list to see if anyone else is in my same boat... this sucks! I thought i'd be ok to get a rejection but nope... getting a rejection letter is aweful! Then a 2nd one? Gosh...

REJECTED!!:(
1. Touro CA
2. MCPHS - Worcestor

I have 3 more schools to go.. i'm keeping my hopes up! We'll see!
:xf: UOP
:xf: Pacific U oregon
:xf: Idaho State U

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
p.s.
Can we put our age too! I want to know if im too old to be applying :(

I'm 24 yrs old!

24? You should be knitting sweaters on your plastic covered couch by now ya old bag of bones.

24? You should be knitting sweaters on your plastic covered couch by now ya old bag of bones.

Being in the same boat, I do not appreciate the irony :mad: I feel your pain, rejection letters hurt. they should be called psychological weapons of mass destruction.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, since I obtained my 2nd rejection letter, I thought I'd start a rejection list to see if anyone else is in my same boat... this sucks! I thought i'd be ok to get a rejection but nope... getting a rejection letter is aweful! Then a 2nd one? Gosh...

p.s.

I'm 24 yrs old!
BS in Biological Science, Concentration in Microbiology and Genetics,
Minor in Chemistry and Speech Communication

1. Touro CA
2. MCPHS - Worcestor

Apply to Touro NY.

p.s.

I'm 24 yrs old!
BS in Biological Science, Concentration in Microbiology and Genetics,
Minor in Chemistry and Speech Communication

1. Touro CA
2. MCPHS - Worcestor

is this your first year applying? Don't give up hope. I was rejected for 3 years straight. I never felt so dumb in my life. If you don't get accepted this year, get some more experience in pharmacy. Get a tech license if you haven't done so. Take some hardcore science classes. Volunteer for the Red Cross. Whatever you do, take this opportunity and make youself a better applicant. Think of this opportunity as a way of making yourself more prepared for pharmacy school when you eventually do get in. Hopefully, it's soon and not 3 years like me. :laugh:I hope you do get into the remainng schools. Good luck.

is this your first year applying? Don't give up hope. I was rejected for 3 years straight. I never felt so dumb in my life. If you don't get accepted this year, get some more experience in pharmacy. Get a tech license if you haven't done so. Take some hardcore science classes. Volunteer for the Red Cross. Whatever you do, take this opportunity and make youself a better applicant. Think of this opportunity as a way of making yourself more prepared for pharmacy school when you eventually do get in. Hopefully, it's soon and not 3 years like me. :laugh:I hope you do get into the remainng schools. Good luck.

Thanks for the comments! Yes, this is my first time applying..... I am currently a certified CPR instructor for the Red Cross but i will try to get my pharm tech license this spring and if all else fails, i'lll re-apply next year.. early this time.. i submitted my pharmCAS in Nov. pretty late i guess!

Thanks.... Good luck everyone!

Finally someone started one of these! I got on today just to start one myself! I thought I had seen one somewhere else on this site but i could never find it.

So i got 2 rejections within one week, one from South Uni and one from MCPHS-Worcester also. I felt so dumb :(

I've got 2 more interviews im hoping for a positive reply on (Jefferson and Howard) but other then that im finishing up supp apps still for midwestern-glendale, lecom-bradenton and notre dame...

Im 21 and just graduated with a BS in biology from UT here. I work as a tech also at a hospital nearby but i guess that wasnt good enough for some schools! :idea:

Good luck to everyone!

That must be hard =( i'm applying for (hopeful) admission for 2010..

Could you guys post your stats--

ie: gpa- math/cumul
-work exp
-volunteer exp

i've been emailing various schools and they say i'm competitive but who knows... i always see ppl getting rejected w/ pretty good gpas/experience.

That must be hard =( i'm applying for (hopeful) admission for 2010..

Could you guys post your stats--

ie: gpa- math/cumul
-work exp
-volunteer exp

i've been emailing various schools and they say i'm competitive but who knows... i always see ppl getting rejected w/ pretty good gpas/experience.

I'm 22 yrs old with BS in biochemistry and molecular biology
GPA: ~ 3.2
Work: Pharmacy Tech - 2 yrs at our university's health center
Pharmacy Tech - couple months at Target (fired because of political reasons; but I got 2 pharmacists on my side with great recommendations)
Volunteer: UCSF Med Center - every summer since 2004

Rejected at UCSD :thumbdown:

3 interviews + waiting on 5 more schools

Pharmacy Tech - couple months at Target (fired because of political reasons; but I got 2 pharmacists on my side with great recommendations)

How were you fired b/c of political reasons?

Finally someone started one of these! I got on today just to start one myself! I thought I had seen one somewhere else on this site but i could never find it.

So i got 2 rejections within one week, one from South Uni and one from MCPHS-Worcester also. I felt so dumb :(

I've got 2 more interviews im hoping for a positive reply on (Jefferson and Howard) but other then that im finishing up supp apps still for midwestern-glendale, lecom-bradenton and notre dame...

Im 21 and just graduated with a BS in biology from UT here. I work as a tech also at a hospital nearby but i guess that wasnt good enough for some schools! :idea:

Good luck to everyone!

Have you applied to any texas schools ? You should, instate residents have an advantage (greater than 95% of admitted students are instate students.)

The schools here in TX are so hard to get into... I dont think i have much of a chance since i have 2 W's in ochem and a bunch of C's on my transcript :(

I only applied to San Antonio-Incarnate Word here but they dont have rolling admissions so we'll see in Feb if they come through with an interview for me!

Good luck everyone! :xf:

just a little pick-me-up for you... my admissions in 2007:

rejected:
FAMU
Palm Beach Atlantic
LECOM Bradenton
NSU

accepted:
UF(a top 10 COP)

so stay strong!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a strong feeling that I will soon have a spot in this post. Probably without an interview as a matter of fact. But my stats seems competitive enough, just no previous pharmacy experience, no bachelors degree, out of state applicant, and only applied to 1 school(how very smart of me). Whew...please define the word, odds, for me; just 1 more time.

Last edited:
I have a strong feeling that I will soon have a spot in this post. Probably without an interview as a matter of fact. But my stats seems competitive enough, just no previous pharmacy experience, no bachelors degree, out of state applicant, and only applied to 1 school(how very smart of me). Whew...please define the word, odds, for me; just 1 more time.

Yeah I'm assuming the same will happen to me. I'll just get straight rejected. I'm hoping for an interview with UF (doubt it) or UH Hilo, but I'm not so confident about the other schools. It sucks, especially when you have a sig other involved.

I don't have any Sig others involved. Not that I am biased against handguns...just that Sig Sauer has always been pricey for my taste. Though, I do carry a P229 on duty.

I don't have any Sig others involved. Not that I am biased against handguns...just that Sig Sauer has always been pricey for my taste. Though, I do carry a P229 on duty.

Lmbo

The schools here in TX are so hard to get into... I dont think i have much of a chance since i have 2 W's in ochem and a bunch of C's on my transcript :(

I only applied to San Antonio-Incarnate Word here but they dont have rolling admissions so we'll see in Feb if they come through with an interview for me!

Good luck everyone! :xf:

The two newest pharmacy schools in Texas are University of the Incarnate Word and Texas A&M Irma Lerma Rangel at Kingsville, so while you have UIW covered, I would also give Texas A&M a shot too.

Though you might be thinking that UT-Austin would be a hard sell right now, there's still also Texas Tech, Texas Southern University, and the University of Houston.

And while I imagine that you don't want to think about it right now, you should probably be sure to have a contingency plan in place. Look for either a college or a community college where you can retake any science classes where you received a C. Even if you're hesitant about spilling forth the money for applications, you should at the very least have the paperwork filled out so that it's ready to go. Be certain to not allow any deadlines to pass. I would also keep up with the pharmacy technician work (either retail or hospital is fine) because adcoms like to see that.

I hope I don't sound like a lecture; it's just that anyone that feels that there's even a small possibility of rejection should have a clear contingency in place. Just because you're planning for a rejection doesn't mean that you're conceding defeat. It's very important to know what you will be doing. Otherwise, you'll hit a period of confusion and a sense of being lost. Speaking as someone who was in your shoes two years ago, while confusion may sound trite, it's a miserable feeling.

Best of wishes to everyone.

--Garfield

The two newest pharmacy schools in Texas are University of the Incarnate Word and Texas A&M Irma Lerma Rangel at Kingsville, so while you have UIW covered, I would also give Texas A&M a shot too.

Though you might be thinking that UT-Austin would be a hard sell right now, there's still also Texas Tech, Texas Southern University, and the University of Houston.

And while I imagine that you don't want to think about it right now, you should probably be sure to have a contingency plan in place. Look for either a college or a community college where you can retake any science classes where you received a C. Even if you're hesitant about spilling forth the money for applications, you should at the very least have the paperwork filled out so that it's ready to go. Be certain to not allow any deadlines to pass. I would also keep up with the pharmacy technician work (either retail or hospital is fine) because adcoms like to see that.

I hope I don't sound like a lecture; it's just that anyone that feels that there's even a small possibility of rejection should have a clear contingency in place. Just because you're planning for a rejection doesn't mean that you're conceding defeat. It's very important to know what you will be doing. Otherwise, you'll hit a period of confusion and a sense of being lost. Speaking as someone who was in your shoes two years ago, while confusion may sound trite, it's a miserable feeling.

Best of wishes to everyone.

--Garfield[/quote]

Thank you so much for that!! It really helped as a little "pick me up" :oops: your awesome!

I interviewed at the University of MN on 11/21 and received a letter stating that I was on the 'unranked waitlist' 3 weeks later--pretty much a glorified rejection letter in my opinion. I applied to a few other schools (still waiting to hear on interviews), but I had my heart set on the UofM.

This is my 3rd time applying for pharmacy school, so I'm feeling pretty hopeless at this point. I really thought that I had a strong application this time around:

B.S. degree from the University of MN in 2005
PCAT 2007- composite 76 (I also took it in 2004 with a composite of 84--unfortunately that score is now void as the test didn't include the writing portion at that time)
Cumulative GPA: 3.27, 3.6 over last 60 credits
Several EC's involving leadership over the past 6 years (i.e. youth hockey coach for the past 3 years)
I have been working full time (as a certified tech) in an outpatient pharmacy on one of the University of Minnesota hospital campuses since summer 2005--I was promoted to pharmacy coordinator of said pharmacy 1.5 years ago.

What more do they want?!?!

Yeah I'm assuming the same will happen to me. I'll just get straight rejected. I'm hoping for an interview with UF (doubt it) or UH Hilo, but I'm not so confident about the other schools. It sucks, especially when you have a sig other involved.

Looking at your sig, I probably know the main reason why you feel so. If you are rejected, the first thing you should do is go to a community college and take any class, easy class to improve your GPA. Probably retake the science classes as well for a higher grade. Yes, Pharmcas does count all of the grades that you have even though its the same class.

I interviewed at the University of MN on 11/21 and received a letter stating that I was on the 'unranked waitlist' 3 weeks later--pretty much a glorified rejection letter in my opinion. I applied to a few other schools (still waiting to hear on interviews), but I had my heart set on the UofM.

This is my 3rd time applying for pharmacy school, so I'm feeling pretty hopeless at this point. I really thought that I had a strong application this time around:

B.S. degree from the University of MN in 2005
PCAT 2007- composite 76 (I also took it in 2004 with a composite of 84--unfortunately that score is now void as the test didn't include the writing portion at that time)
Cumulative GPA: 3.27, 3.6 over last 60 credits
Several EC's involving leadership over the past 6 years (i.e. youth hockey coach for the past 3 years)
I have been working full time (as a certified tech) in an outpatient pharmacy on one of the University of Minnesota hospital campuses since summer 2005--I was promoted to pharmacy coordinator of said pharmacy 1.5 years ago.

What more do they want?!?!

How did the interview go? Although you don't have really high GPA but your pharmacy experience is more than enough to make up for it. I trust that its your application essay/interview that decides the outcome.

How did the interview go? Although you don't have really high GPA but your pharmacy experience is more than enough to make up for it. I trust that its your application essay/interview that decides the outcome.
I thought that my interview went very well. I felt that I came up with intelligent, honest responses to my interviewer's questions and had a good rapport going. In my 'unranked waitlist' letter I was told that I could make an appointment with an admissions counselor to discuss my application and talk about how I can strengthen it for next year. I'm interested to hear what they have to say. Short of retaking prerequisites, I'm honestly not sure what else I can do.

Everyone always has the ideal school that they went to. Some lucky individuals will get into their first choice. However, a strong and often undervalued determinant of who gets into pharmacy school is how flexible and resilient applicants are willing to be with the schools that will accept them. Many students will not end up attending their first or second choices. The number of schools that a person applies to, and the specific schools that a person applies to, plays a strong part in determining a person's chances of attending pharmacy school. For example, someone who is trying to shoot the moon by applying at only the top 10 pharmacy schools is leaving themselves in a vulnerable position by having no contingency plan by disregarding spots at lesser-known colleges. Similarly, a person who applies to only one pharmacy school is limiting their potential that could be easily be realized if they can become comfortable with the prospect of attending the many other qualified pharmacy schools across the rest of the nation. Of course, some people can get into colleges by applying only to one school or to their favorite schools, but those students should consider themselves fortunate. Statistically speaking, it doesn't always fall in favor of the student.

Personally, I performed my undergraduate work at UT-Austin, and so naturally I preferred to enroll in my alma mater (which sure as hell did not happen). I certainly feel that UT-Austin would have been my ideal circumstance, but I am satisfied and happy with where I am today. For many students who do not get into a pharmacy school in their first year of applications, I feel that learning to roll with the punches was the most important part of my application process. In many cases, a person's ability to be admitted isn't simply a matter of credentials; rather, it can be a question of a person's resilience in the matter.

--Garfield3d

Received rejection letters from UNC and Shenandooah. Still waiting on Maryland, Mercer, VCU and Howard.

Received rejection letters from:

-UCSF: I wasn't surprised at all, although it has been my dream school.
-Creighton: I guess it gets competitive each year.
-Univ of Tennessee

Everyone always has the ideal school that they went to. Some lucky individuals will get into their first choice. However, a strong and often undervalued determinant of who gets into pharmacy school is how flexible and resilient applicants are willing to be with the schools that will accept them. Many students will not end up attending their first or second choices. The number of schools that a person applies to, and the specific schools that a person applies to, plays a strong part in determining a person's chances of attending pharmacy school. For example, someone who is trying to shoot the moon by applying at only the top 10 pharmacy schools is leaving themselves in a vulnerable position by having no contingency plan by disregarding spots at lesser-known colleges. Similarly, a person who applies to only one pharmacy school is limiting their potential that could be easily be realized if they can become comfortable with the prospect of attending the many other qualified pharmacy schools across the rest of the nation. Of course, some people can get into colleges by applying only to one school or to their favorite schools, but those students should consider themselves fortunate. Statistically speaking, it doesn't always fall in favor of the student.

Personally, I performed my undergraduate work at UT-Austin, and so naturally I preferred to enroll in my alma mater (which sure as hell did not happen). I certainly feel that UT-Austin would have been my ideal circumstance, but I am satisfied and happy with where I am today. For many students who do not get into a pharmacy school in their first year of applications, I feel that learning to roll with the punches was the most important part of my application process. In many cases, a person's ability to be admitted isn't simply a matter of credentials; rather, it can be a question of a person's resilience in the matter.

--Garfield3d

Thanks... how many times did you apply before getting accepted??

1. Touro CA
2. MCPHS - Worcestor

:xf: Idaho State U[/quote]

still no word from the other 3 schools.. the wait is killing me... i wake up just to check my email (for good news).. which hasnt come yet.. and then i go to the mail.. (for bad news... typically rejections only come via postal mail, right).. oh gosh!!

How were you fired b/c of political reasons?

office politics.. new pharmacy manager came in a month after i started. i heard from the other pharmacists that for some reason she felt threatened by the current staff, and wanted to flush everyone out. i was on my probationary/training period so i could get let go for any or no reason at all. so, i went byebye.

Looking at your sig, I probably know the main reason why you feel so. If you are rejected, the first thing you should do is go to a community college and take any class, easy class to improve your GPA. Probably retake the science classes as well for a higher grade. Yes, Pharmcas does count all of the grades that you have even though its the same class.

Yeah, I know one of the deans at UF so I'm just gonna talk to him and see what to do. I think, ultimately, I will apply to graduate school and get a masters of science in Pharmacy with either Forensic Pharmacy or Forensic Drug Chemistry. Those or a Masters in Toxicology. I've actually already been planning for the worst. Obviously I want to go somewhere but in the case that I don't (which seems likely anyway) I'll have a back-up lined up. But we'll see what he says.

I thought that my interview went very well. I felt that I came up with intelligent, honest responses to my interviewer's questions and had a good rapport going. In my 'unranked waitlist' letter I was told that I could make an appointment with an admissions counselor to discuss my application and talk about how I can strengthen it for next year. I'm interested to hear what they have to say. Short of retaking prerequisites, I'm honestly not sure what else I can do.

just out of curiosity who did you interview with? I also am on the unranked waiting list for u of mn and really wanted to go there. there has been one other person that I know of (so far) that interviewed with the same person as me and got the same result.

W.T. Shier I believe is who I interviewed with

I have not heard back from any of my remaining schools so I think I will be visiting this thread again pretty soon:(

1. Touro CA
2. MCPHS - Worcestor

still no word from the other 3 schools.. the wait is killing me... i wake up just to check my email (for good news).. which hasnt come yet.. and then i go to the mail.. (for bad news... typically rejections only come via postal mail, right).. oh gosh!![/quote]

I'm sorry to hear about your rejections. Did you interview at Touro?

still no word from the other 3 schools.. the wait is killing me... i wake up just to check my email (for good news).. which hasnt come yet.. and then i go to the mail.. (for bad news... typically rejections only come via postal mail, right).. oh gosh!!

I'm sorry to hear about your rejections. Did you interview at Touro?[/quote]

Just to let you know, rejections are also sent via email (kind of rare though). I got mine a few weeks ago from UT-Memphis.

Last edited:
Rejected without an interview from Minnesota. Oh well...too cold there anyway, haha. I would've enjoyed all the hockey, though.

I'm sorry to hear about your rejections. Did you interview at Touro?[/quote]

no I got rejected from my 2 schools without interview :(

UCSD rejected without interview so sad :-(... UCSD is based on GPA to make the first cut! >3.4 :-(

man i havent heard anything from any of my schools im going crazy. but ow well if i dont get accepted this year i will skip a semester and memorize ever letter every word in any pcat book i can get my hands on and get a 99 hopefully.

UCSD rejected without interview so sad :-(... UCSD is based on GPA to make the first cut! >3.4 :-(

That is the reason why I didn't apply there in the first place. I knew their average GPA for accepted students are >3.7, so I didn't bother. But I really want to attend my alma mater and spend the next 4 years in La Jolla again...sigh.

hey guys... it sucks being rejected... but we shouldnt give up... hopefully we'll eventually be part of those other threads that read "acceptance for fall 20??", right??

Let's keep :xf::xf::xf::luck:

man i havent heard anything from any of my schools im going crazy. but ow well if i dont get accepted this year i will skip a semester and memorize ever letter every word in any pcat book i can get my hands on and get a 99 hopefully.

i think i should do the same... lets go kick some pcat butt!! :):p

I am not officially rejected but I had a change of plans and after I applied I had to drop my classes and take this semester off...so I won't even have my prereqs complete. So this isn't my year either! :shrug: The time will come eventually!

I am not officially rejected but I had a change of plans and after I applied I had to drop my classes and take this semester off...so I won't even have my prereqs complete. So this isn't my year either! :shrug: The time will come eventually!

Do all your schools require you to have pre-reqs finished by end of spring semester?

Do all your schools require you to have pre-reqs finished by end of spring semester?

No, some schools say you need them by the middle of summer... but it depends.. you should look at the website of the schools you are interested in applying!

Last edited:
If don't hear anything from the school, it equals a rejection:scared:

I was interviewed at Uf COP on1/16/09. They told us to wait 1 week for a response but I haven't received any letter yet. I'm worried about their silence. Is anyone in the same boat?:confused: