Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Rejection letter

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by green thicket, Apr 23, 2007.

1. green thicket

green thicket Junior Member

Medical Student
    Does anyone remember the rejection letter a user wrote as a humorous antic to XXX medical school- it was a letter that was written by an applicant rejecting a medical school despite all their qualifications and attirubting the rejection to the many quality schools out there competing for students...it was quite funny and def lightened the depression that a real rejection letter sometimes can bring...

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. silverlining1

Medical Student
  4. green thicket

green thicket Junior Member

Medical Student
    thanks silverlining1..i followed ur links and finally stumbled upon the one by adcadet:

November 29, 2002
    The Big University Medical Center
    Office of Admissions
    123 Main Street
    City, State, 12345

Dear Office of Admissions,

Thank you for your interest in me as an applicant. I have now completed a thorough review your admissions material. I am sorry to inform you that I am unable to consider your school further for my undergraduate medical education. Please be assured that your institution has been given personal attention. Most of the schools I am considering this year are well-qualified and are likely to provide an excellent education, but with over 100 accredited allopathic medical schools I need to be extremely selective in the process. While I recognize that this decision may be disappointing, I wish to express my appreciation to you for considering me and this decision in no way reflects on your ability to educate physicians. I wish you the best in your educational pursuits.

I want to thank you, Big University, for your interest. I acknowledge and respect your accomplishments in the areas of medical education and research, and realize that my inability to attend your medical school is a loss for me. I extend my best wishes to you as you pursue your goals.
    Sincerely,

Adcadet

5. vixen26

Ha ....love it!!!!

6. TPROrgoTutor2

Medical Student
    I wrote one to UPenn, made me feel better.