Rejection letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

green thicket

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone remember the rejection letter a user wrote as a humorous antic to XXX medical school- it was a letter that was written by an applicant rejecting a medical school despite all their qualifications and attirubting the rejection to the many quality schools out there competing for students...it was quite funny and def lightened the depression that a real rejection letter sometimes can bring...

Members don't see this ad.

thanks silverlining1..i followed ur links and finally stumbled upon the one by adcadet:

November 29, 2002
The Big University Medical Center
Office of Admissions
123 Main Street
City, State, 12345

Dear Office of Admissions,

Thank you for your interest in me as an applicant. I have now completed a thorough review your admissions material. I am sorry to inform you that I am unable to consider your school further for my undergraduate medical education. Please be assured that your institution has been given personal attention. Most of the schools I am considering this year are well-qualified and are likely to provide an excellent education, but with over 100 accredited allopathic medical schools I need to be extremely selective in the process. While I recognize that this decision may be disappointing, I wish to express my appreciation to you for considering me and this decision in no way reflects on your ability to educate physicians. I wish you the best in your educational pursuits.

I want to thank you, Big University, for your interest. I acknowledge and respect your accomplishments in the areas of medical education and research, and realize that my inability to attend your medical school is a loss for me. I extend my best wishes to you as you pursue your goals.
Sincerely,

Adcadet

Members don't see this ad :)