rejection

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BEMD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have any of you been accepted and then later been rejected (this was pre-interview) from another school with similar or lower scores? This just happened to me today. I just thought it was some what wierd and was wondering if anyone else had similar experiences. :)

Members don't see this ad.

They were probably thinking you're too good for them. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, that happens, anyone can be rejected from anywhere

What about being rejected after you have been accepted and already having sent in the acceptance materials (and received confirmation of their being received). Is this legit? This happened to me today and it seems like they are breaking the contract (I withdrew from other schools after choosing to go to the school I am talking about)

What about being rejected after you have been accepted and already having sent in the acceptance materials (and received confirmation of their being received). Is this legit? This happened to me today and it seems like they are breaking the contract (I withdrew from other schools after choosing to go to the school I am talking about)

Um, that's absolutely bizarre and I don't understand why you're not absolutely freaking out at the moment? I say call the school and figure this out pronto cause acceptance and then rejection is just bizarre.

Um, that's absolutely bizarre and I don't understand why you're not absolutely freaking out at the moment? I say call the school and figure this out pronto cause acceptance and then rejection is just bizarre.

I am freaking out....just finished having a nervous breakdown. They said that they didnt receive the acceptance letter, but I had checked online 3 days after it was mailed and it was received. I even have the check posted as being cashed!! :mad: I wouldnt be so worried if I hadnt withdrawn from all other schools (except 1...which is a dream school :))

Unless you lied about something in your application or they have some other LEGIT reason (ie. didnt pay deposit on time) than I cant see how some school can do this?...I would be irrate at this moment, especially after withdrawing from all the other schools...sorry if this happened to you but it's pretty bizzare

I am freaking out....just finished having a nervous breakdown. They said that they didnt receive the acceptance letter, but I had checked online 3 days after it was mailed and it was received. I even have the check posted as being cashed!! :mad: I wouldnt be so worried if I hadnt withdrawn from all other schools (except 1...which is a dream school :))

Can't you get a facsimile of the cashed check from the bank, scan both sides, and email it to an admissions person? Make more calls, talk to a supervisor/dean of admissions, be a squeaky wheel; someone made a mistake and it wasn't you. Get mad and fight for your spot. Freaking out doesn't help anything!

I'm sure they'll work it out if you can prove that they obviously received it and cashed your check.

Don't freak out too much-someone probably just goofed in paperwork somewhere.

Worst case, sue the crap out of them lol.