charlottematie

2+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
If you submitted early in the cycle (all of mine in july) when do you think I will start hearing rejections? When do most schools send out a majority of their rejections?

Kikara

2+ Year Member
May 14, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Depends on the school. Some schools will send out rejections in waves (happening right now) or ignore you until interviews are over (silent rejection).

kawi609

2+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
I know alot of people are saying its too early for most schools to be rejecting people but I think they are delusional about them being rejected lol

Reactions: charlottematie
OP
C

charlottematie

2+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Depends on the school. Some schools will send out rejections in waves (happening right now) or ignore you until interviews are over (silent rejection).
Silent rejection is the worst because they let you hang on to hope lol.

gonnif

Only 389 Days Until Next Presidential Election
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
applications are not necessarily reviewed in chronological order or invited for interview at time of review. Superstars, linked programs, associated UG institutions, URMs and others may be pulled early in the process. At pre-interview review you may get evaluated on all parts of application (think broad categories like AP exam from extremely well qualified down extremely unqualified). When these get added up they essentially become your interview priority. So you may get reviewed in August but priority doesnt get you invited until February