Rejections

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bigmood

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's just the freudenschade in all of us, but I think it is "therapeutic" (ha) to know that other people aren't getting in everywhere, too. You guys (as in my competition) are super smart and extremely qualified, so I take some comfort in knowing that I'm being beaten by some worthy competitors. So while the official rejection letters aren't here yet, but it's pretty obvious from whom they will come:

UNC-Chapel Hill
UNC-Greensboro
U of Alabama
FSU (although I'm the runner-up for the spot)

*sigh* I had my heart set on Greensboro. :D

Members don't see this ad.

Schools from Texas don't send rejections, they tell you to "go'on git"!

Here are some additions:

Texas Tech
Texas Southwestern Medical at Dallas
Univ. of Maryland
Kansas

Agree!

Official Rejection letters from Southern Methodist University and UNiviersity of VA....

Members don't see this ad :)
perfektspace said:
Schools from Texas don't send rejections, they tell you to "go'on git"!

Here are some additions:

Texas Tech
Texas Southwestern Medical at Dallas
Univ. of Maryland
Kansas

ha ha! i love that. do you know anything about UT-Austin?

I've gotten e-mail/website rejections from Virginia Commonwealth University and University of Virginia

I got an email from George Washington's clinical director this morning stating they were done interviewing and will not be asking any additional applicants. Rejected!

I'm sorry but I am not sure about UT-Austin.

So far:
Emailed rejections from Duke and Yale (no surprise)
Regular mail rejection from UMass-Amherst (this one pisses me off because my scores were 200 points higher than their average. And yes, I know very well that scores dont really mean anything, but still!!!)

PsychoEm said:
So far:
Emailed rejections from Duke and Yale (no surprise)
Regular mail rejection from UMass-Amherst (this one pisses me off because my scores were 200 points higher than their average. And yes, I know very well that scores dont really mean anything, but still!!!)

yeah, I thought I fit in perfectly with UNC-Greensboro (statistics-wise and in terms of research interests), but nope, not even an interview. It boggles the mind, but I chalk it up to ridiculous competition this year.

because I know where I am going next year, otherwise I may not have been able to see the screen through my tears. It was a tough year!

Official Rejections: Yale, UCLA, Temple, UC Berkeley, USC, University of Oregon, UMass Amherst, SDSU/UCSD, University of Michigan

Projected Rejections: ASU, U Washington, University of Pittsburgh, Harvard, U Penn, UMass Boston, Boston University

That was almost theraputic, almost . . .

smrt_n_frndly said:
because I know where I am going next year, otherwise I may not have been able to see the screen through my tears. It was a tough year!

Official Rejections: Yale, UCLA, Temple, UC Berkeley, USC, University of Oregon, UMass Amherst, SDSU/UCSD, University of Michigan

Projected Rejections: ASU, U Washington, University of Pittsburgh, Harvard, U Penn, UMass Boston, Boston University

That was almost theraputic, almost . . .

Wow! I wouldn't be too upset about those rejections. You applied to some uber-competitive programs.

Rejection from UCSB (e-mail) and University of Vermont (at least I got an interview from Vermont, not sure if that's a good or bad thing, all the cost of flying there and all that hope, then got rejected).

pending: Boston College, U of Pittsburgh, and Binghamton U. Not optomistic at all, since they've probably conducted all their interviews already. :(

Who says life is easy!