Relationships in dental schools...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
MC Wiggles said:
So let me ask....do any dental school hookups happen within the first week? You know, when all those orientation activities are occurring and you have the nightly bar/club social for overly-eager first years?

They did in our class....

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
MC Wiggles said:
So let me ask....do any dental school hookups happen within the first week? You know, when all those orientation activities are occurring and you have the nightly bar/club social for overly-eager first years?

Wow didn't you people go to college for four years???!! Gotta try and tone down the hormones in graduate school :laugh:

It all begins with those late night studies, next thing it is 2-3 in the morning and that block walk home is just to far so you end up sleeping over. This first night is nice but the second time is even better. Just be careful because even an accident can get really complicated.

Smilemaker100 said:
let's add dumb, self-absorbed, drama queen, slutty, anorexic, druggie (those girls pop amphetamine pills like crazy to stay slim, snort cocaine - just think of Kate Moss) and alcoholic - whose career will plummet once she hits 30 and will need to be in psychotherapy for the rest of her life trying to figure out what to do with her life when no one wants to hire her.
That's a bit hursh, i'm a model paying my way for undergrad and working my way up to dental school, there are actually girls out there with brains and looks that don't eat brownies all day and work out to stay healthy and therefore thin. Besides the dentist i shadow met her husband in dental school, and so did few others i know. I understand why you might be bitter, if some a$$ broke your heart, **** happens to us all. You seem to stereotype everyone little too much. Don't be such a hater

gosiao said:
That's a bit hursh, i'm a model paying my way for undergrad and working my way up to dental school, there are actually girls out there with brains and looks that don't eat brownies all day and work out to stay healthy and therefore thin. Besides the dentist i shadow met her husband in dental school, and so did few others i know. I understand why you might be bitter, if some a$$ broke your heart, **** happens to us all. You seem to stereotype everyone little too much. Don't be such a hater

Let see some pics...... :thumbup:

gosiao said:

Hello There,

Maybe she generalized about dentists...the truth is lot of succesful men and women become driven by their ego which makes them more self centered and less caring. Especially in Healthcare they should be there to help and give -not to show how smart they are and how rich they will be....Unfortunately many of us become like that and they are in the profession for the show and not out of devotion. It is sad. However, it is not just dentists and not just males.

I would also like to emphasize that there is a big difference between planning to go to dental school and going to dental school. Also, being a model these days only means one thing - you like to show off your body, it does not mean you are pretty...exactly, as mentioned previously look at Kate Moss....for heaven's sake, anorexic villager face. Even her Mother said once in an interview she does not understand why her daughter is a supermodel. She never even stepped her foot inside a gym once. What admiration can you have for lazy people who sleep throughout most of the day because they have no calorie intake? None. You really feel cool you are a model?

And who said that this girl who is heart broken now is not pretty? For all we know she is prettier than you and definitely more real because she can admit to her weakness or weaker moments as well. And that is a real sign of confidence. She will be fine. You are harsh, she needs encouragement and not your advertisement that you are pretty and smart. So typical.

And for you heartbroken girl...we meet a lot of the wrong men before we meet the right one. That is why there is the saying love is hard to find...because in the search we get hurt and not just once....what matters is not what profession he is in, what matters is to have similar likes, and dislikes in life, the will to work together and mutual respect. And actually if he is a nice dentist, he can help when you have a real complicated case - something more complicated than what you suggested...and then it is good to get advice from your partner in life.

I wish you all the best

mdina said:
Hello There,

Maybe she generalized about dentists...the truth is lot of succesful men and women become driven by their ego which makes them more self centered and less caring. Especially in Healthcare they should be there to help and give -not to show how smart they are and how rich they will be....Unfortunately many of us become like that and they are in the profession for the show and not out of devotion. It is sad. However, it is not just dentists and not just males.

I would also like to emphasize that there is a big difference between planning to go to dental school and going to dental school. Also, being a model these days only means one thing - you like to show off your body, it does not mean you are pretty...exactly, as mentioned previously look at Kate Moss....for heaven's sake, anorexic villager face. Even her Mother said once in an interview she does not understand why her daughter is a supermodel. She never even stepped her foot inside a gym once. What admiration can you have for lazy people who sleep throughout most of the day because they have no calorie intake? None. You really feel cool you are a model?

And who said that this girl who is heart broken now is not pretty? For all we know she is prettier than you and definitely more real because she can admit to her weakness or weaker moments as well. And that is a real sign of confidence. She will be fine. You are harsh, she needs encouragement and not your advertisement that you are pretty and smart. So typical.

And for you heartbroken girl...we meet a lot of the wrong men before we meet the right one. That is why there is the saying love is hard to find...because in the search we get hurt and not just once....what matters is not what profession he is in, what matters is to have similar likes, and dislikes in life, the will to work together and mutual respect. And actually if he is a nice dentist, he can help when you have a real complicated case - something more complicated than what you suggested...and then it is good to get advice from your partner in life.

I wish you all the best

Thanks ,for such an eloquent reply. You're one of the most intelligent members in this forum . Aren't the most sensible ones almost all the time female? ;) :laugh:
P.S Sent you a PM :)

MC Wiggles said:

I hooked up during my Interview. Does that Count??? :laugh: :smuggrin:

ElCubanito said:
I hooked up during my Interview. Does that Count??? :laugh: :smuggrin:

Chilled after interview...I just hope that she didn't get accepted or decided to go to another school. A real looker but dawm....she was messed up in the head. If she does start in my class then I guess I will have to go for round 2...hahaha. j/k. :confused:

Frank Cavitation said:
Shania Twain wasn't impressed by Brad Pitt, rocket scientists, and guys with cars. :)

I wonder if I should have tried harder to find a dentist wife, it could result in significant cost savings when opening up a practice. :D

haha... I remember this part of Shania Twain's song...

gosiao said:
...i'm a model paying my way for undergrad and working my way up to dental school, ....

Its amazing how many professions the title, “Model” encompasses...