Renal Fellowship Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
not all of them notify. i have 3 in baskets till now. most of the programs are going to review applications in jan . the hospitals i got interview sponsor H1B. keep hanging in there

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
Is it usually this slow. Got a UAB rejection today. Not even looking for a H1b.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can you tell me which invitations you have so far: I saw 2 here- jacobi, alabama.
I just have 1 so far. no other rejections or interviews.

no interview invites yet, rejections fron uab and mt. sinai, ny, some have asked if I want to do 3 year research or 2 year clinical.

st jonhs is my third

I got 2 so far Montefiore and UPMC. 1 rejection MS NY
Nothing today yet.
GL.

Have you guys send medical school transcripts and photo? Do we need them? I'm just worried if my application is still incomplete. I have send 3 letters, USMLE transcipt, PS, CAF and profile.

Let me know, if so I will send it right away.

Montefiore
UPMC
MS NY
VCU
St John
Stanford
UAB

These are the programs from wher ppl have heard so far
Kidney doc its a gud idea to send the transcripts.Reg photo dunno.
Keep the info flowing ppl

hey guys, could you please post your credentials. i am worried that they is something with my application. thanks

add browm university, my frnd has an interview from there.
my creds 2002 indian grads/ MRCP (UK)/3rd yr IM resident / community hospital ( 2 nd largest residency in us) univer affiliated/ 99/97/86/ some basic science research/ strong LORS from ppl outside my program/ H1B/ IMG

kidney_doc, send MSPE too. photo, I don't think is important, but doesn't hurt to send one.

Members don't see this ad :)
Cmon ppl , post any more rej or interviews.
Not many are active here yet for us to get good info on how far out are we into the end of the interview season.
Any comments.

Programs from wher ppl have heard

Montefiore
UPMC
MS NY
VCU
St John
Stanford
UAB
Brown
Mayo

Finished Montefiore's interview. Nothing else yet. Dunno what's happening- dead dilence now for few days. No other interviews or rejections. I have applied to alabama, MS NY, mayo, brown. none of them said anything so far. I guess they have rejected my application. :( hopefully things change

one more H1B interview....university of miami. starting iv on 19 dec

Hi guys
I got this interview today ...anyone knows anything about this program ?

Hi Guys
Is the game over or still any chance to hear for interviews.
i am wondering howz the system working, as I called some programs and they said still reviewing applications, however some of the candidates have received calls.

Keeping fingers crossed

Got one from Univ of Miami. Its a start Yippee:)

IMG seeking a H1, excellent USMLE scores, strong LoR, etc:

2 interviews, 3 rejections so far.

From Mt Sinai:
This year has been particularly competitive with a very large number of outstanding candidates applying for admission to our program.

That aside, I expect things to pick up in January, if what happens in other specialties is any guide.

hi

i guys

i havent heard anything from any program so far what dose that mean is gome over now ???

:mad:

has any one heard frm
john hopkins
cleveland clinic
ohio state univ

Got rejections from UAB, MS NY, Mayo. St John's on hold and just 1 interview.
PLease post ur interviews and rejections to help all of us here

got rejection from UAB and UNI NC

hope things will change

Rejection from Wakr Forest. Interviews from MUSC and MCG.

got an interview invite from OUHSC yesterday.

Got a rejection from Yale today. Keep posting

Hi Guys, any news from UCLA, Drexel, UIC, Temple
No calls or rejections till far.

another interview ....Indiana University, Montefiore, UPMC,... rejections from Wake Forest, MS NY
will keep posting.

I dont think they sponsor H1B, I heard only about J1

I dont think they sponsor H1B, I heard only about J1

Indiana University sponsors J-1 only,
Are there any hopes of second round of interview calls in early january or game is over, as approximately 500-600 applicants have applied and 15-20 candidates will be interviewed.

Me 2 rejection from georgetown
So far I have
3 interviews
3 rejections
GL.

Just called a few programs:

Programs that have finished calling people:
Brighams and women
Henry ford
Cleveland clinic OH

1 program said "sorry no VISAS": Cornell.

Many programs dont inform if rejected.

Many still reviewing. Have to wait and watch but doesn't look good.

i think the game is over for IMGS needing H1B visas. i interviewed at some programs and they all said that this yr they had highly qualified applicants. i wonder how thats possible when the job situation for nephrology, especially for people on visas, in not encouraging.
anyways will wait and watch

I have 4 interviews scheduled for Jan.

I couldn't do any december interviews because I am on service.

NYU
Cornell
UCSF
GWU

I really think game is over.
Called multiple programs and interviews are out.
Never thought nephrology will be so competetive and why, when u google jobs, do not show up even 20-30.
lets c whats in the pandora box

anyone got interview from drexel or umdnj?

anyone got interview from drexel or umdnj?

let me tell you a secret guys , I was offered a spot although I have a humble medical knowledge, low score ..etc...
If you really want it ...do a critical care fellowship at least one year and believe me that will help a lot..they really liked it ...that is all what I have ...
all the best

The fellowship scene isn't looking that great. I am guessing we are close to the end of interview calls. Anyone beg to defer ?:confused:

the job situation for nephrology, especially for people on visas, in not encouraging.

Could you elaborate on this a bit more? Just wondering what led you to conclude that the job prospects are not encouraging, and what the prospects are for those on visas.

Not disagreeing -- just trying to learn as much as I can.

i think the game is over for IMGS needing H1B visas. i interviewed at some programs and they all said that this yr they had highly qualified applicants. i wonder how thats possible when the job situation for nephrology, especially for people on visas, in not encouraging.
anyways will wait and watch

I also didn't get it drsnh.:(

Rejection from University of Colorado.

got rejection from university of colorado

this yr is damn competative for nephro ..never thought its gonna this bad !!!!:scared:

got rejection from university of colorado

this yr is damn competative for nephro ..never thought its gonna this bad !!!!:scared:
Me 2 rejection from
University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center
so far
3 interviews
4 rejections
you are right it is either 2 early in the game or it is damn competitive this year.
GL.

rejection from
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
3 interviews
5 rejections