1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

repeat courses

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by angel dust, Feb 19, 2007.

1. angel dust

angel dust Pre-Dental Student
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Have any of you who have been on interviews and have retaken a course, ever been confronted on it? or explained it in your personal statement?

2. pmantz

pmantz Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I repeated a course and was not confronted with it. The course was very early in my acedemic caraer. I am glad I wasn't because I didn't really have a good reason why I failed a interpersonal communication class, retook a year later and got an A. Long story short I used to be a dumb A$$.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. NDdental

NDdental Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I had to explain a repeated course and a withraw in a secondary application. Never asked about it in the interview.

4. OP
    OP
    angel dust

angel dust Pre-Dental Student
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    do you guys think it affected your chances of actually getting into the school you were confronted at?

i retook organic 1 and calc and its kinda hurting my chances i think cause i need to retake the DAT