Repeat PCAT, Little Change

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wheelsonfire

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, I re-took the PCAT in Jan and went from a 73 to a 75 composite. Writing score still 4. (Sub-question.....does anyone have a 5 on the writing?). I can't complain because I didn't go down, thank goodness, but I'm not exactly knocking anyone’s socks off here.

My chem. score went way up, but my bio score went down (weird because I thought the section was just as easy as in Oct when I had a 90 in bio). Everything else is about the same. Apparently a 90 the verbal and reading comp sections really don’t impact the composite score, but I digress....

So, should I bother paying Harcourt another 20 bucks per school for a new Jan PCAT transcript? Will it matter? The only advantage I can see is that it will show that I am persistent in my quest to go to pharmacy school, but somewhat consistent in my score.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

wheelsonfire said:
Ok, I re-took the PCAT in Jan and went from a 73 to a 75 composite. Writing score still 4. (Sub-question.....does anyone have a 5 on the writing?). I can't complain because I didn't go down, thank goodness, but I'm not exactly knocking anyone’s socks off here.

My chem. score went way up, but my bio score went down (weird because I thought the section was just as easy as in Oct when I had a 90 in bio). Everything else is about the same. Apparently a 90 the verbal and reading comp sections really don’t impact the composite score, but I digress....

So, should I bother paying Harcourt another 20 bucks per school for a new Jan PCAT transcript? Will it matter? The only advantage I can see is that it will show that I am persistent in my quest to go to pharmacy school, but somewhat consistent in my score.

what would i do if i were in ur shoes?... i guess anything that works in my favor I will do. If I feel that an extra 2% and proof of persistence will make a difference, then i would spend that 20 bucks.... but this is kinda a hard decision. Have u heard from any school?... When i was in houston, i heard (from an interviewer) that about 2000 people applied. And that yes, the interview invite will probably involve some kind of cutoff in the pcat and gpa. Maybe the cut off is 75%.... Who knows these things... anywayz, good luck

wheelsonfire said:

what were your other scores?

a reason why 90's on the verbal and reading comp doesn't impact the composite might be because it has a close curve with little standard deviation?

most people i know always run out of time in the math section so this is a good time to improve in.