1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice

Repeated Course Grade

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by flytohi, May 31, 2002.

1. flytohi

flytohi New Member

Hello All,
    I just saw the new application for this year.
    I am so disappointed myself.

I guess, there is disadvantage for repeated course grade. I got D organic chemistry which was 4 credit course, and I repeated and ended up with B.

In my case, the application will calculates as 2.0 because it will calculate as average. Am I right?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Rhea

Rhea New York University '07

Unfortunately, yes. My gpa is also being affected due to similar situtaions.

4. space kacy

space kacy Member

Dude, don't even sweat it. I got a D in Gen Chem and when I retook it later at a different school, I got a C but I still got into dental school. I redeemed myself on the DAT. As long you do well there, it will help make your bad grades disappear.

5. grettlin

grettlin Senior Member

Here is another terrible thing happened in my general biology class.
    At the beginning: 119 people
    At the end of the semester: 62 people (14 were foced to drop by "the professor" with "F")
    From the 62 people, she said 10% A, 15% B, others are C, D, F.

How is that? I am going to get crazy.!!!!

6. Beagle

Beagle Meet BEAGLE

Grettlin,
    Did you end up doing ok in Gen Bio?
    I had a similar situation in my Ochem class.
    It started out with 50 people, then at the end of the semester, only 25 were left. Only 10 people passed, the rest were given D's and F's. ( i recieved a D)
    I hate professors like that!!!! What are they trying to accomplish by failing everyone?

7. groundhog

groundhog 1K Member

I know of one Ochem prof who cautioned students about not coming to see him until it was time to get reference letters. He forwarned them that such last minute efforts were fruitless. Still, the vast majority of those who survived his classes did not bother to touch base with him until they needed a reference letter.