This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

veveyvincent

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took some of my prerequisites (gen chem, gen bio) in another country before I transferred to the United States. My current university transferred the credits but didn't give any grade for the coursework (I guess it's P/F). And these courses were also appointed to specific courses at my current university.

Then I retook these prerequisites at my current university. My current university removed the credits for my previous transferred courses (with a mark "REPEATED") and gave credits+GPA to my retake.

My question is: when I am filling my "coursework" on my primary AAMC application, should I enter those foreign prerequisites which are retaken in the US? They don't have credits or GPA on my transcripts now.

Another question is: My current school only gave partial credits to my foreign coursework. For example, a course that was 4 credits before was transferred as 2.33 credits to my current school. Which number should I enter when filling out the credits in AAMC primary application?

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

1) if the course was previously on your US transcript, and noe the retake is marked repeated, you need to note it as a repeated course

2) you should put what is on current transcript (2.33)
Thanks !!