repeating class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uclakid

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think I failed my final in genetics. I'm probably going to get a C-...if so, I'll be eligible to retake the class. The reason I did so poorly is that I just didn't study. I got lazy. It's totally my fault, but it's over with and I want to go to medical school. So, how does retaking the class look? Or are my chances for med school gone?

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by uclakid
I think I failed my final in genetics. I'm probably going to get a C-...if so, I'll be eligible to retake the class. The reason I did so poorly is that I just didn't study. I got lazy. It's totally my fault, but it's over with and I want to go to medical school. So, how does retaking the class look? Or are my chances for med school gone?

The C- does lower your chances for admission but I would be worried more about the laziness. If you want to go into medicine, you can't make stupid mistakes like this. Get your work ethic straightened out, retake the class, and don't let this happen again. The re-take will only look bad if you get lower than a B+

AB