Lanced

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2005
Bay Area, CA
Status
What is everyone else doing for secondary questions that are essentially the same as the primaries?

Ex: Wash U's secondary:
If yes, describe in chronological sequence your planned activities since graduation or the last period of full-time enrollment. (maximum 1800 characters including spaces)

I'm planning on very quick summary of what I've been doing, but I've basically described in more detail my activities in the AMCAS.

Just curious what everyone else is doing.

kevster2001

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2004
Status
Medical Student
That's all you CAN do i think. It would be weird if your secondary activities somehow were different from your AMCAS activities

OP
Lanced

Lanced

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2005
Bay Area, CA
Status
kevster2001 said:
That's all you CAN do i think. It would be weird if your secondary activities somehow were different from your AMCAS activities
I was thinking of writing "See primary application" but that probably wouldn't be appreciated... I guess its just one of those hoops to jump through.

About the Ads

jstuds_66

Free cat to a good home
10+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2006
USA
Status
Attending Physician
Lanced said:
I was thinking of writing "See primary application" but that probably wouldn't be appreciated... I guess its just one of those hoops to jump through.
Tell about the same activities, but focus on a different aspect of that experience. Obviously they're going to overlap, but admissions comittee's do not want to hear the same thing twice. Tell them something different about each experience.

notdeadyet

Still in California
15+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
jstuds_66 said:
Tell about the same activities, but focus on a different aspect of that experience. Obviously they're going to overlap, but admissions comittee's do not want to hear the same thing twice. Tell them something different about each experience.
Good advice here. This is the approach I'm taking.

OP
Lanced

Lanced

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2005
Bay Area, CA
Status
jstuds_66 said:
Makes sense.

About the Ads