Repeating experiences in secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lanced

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is everyone else doing for secondary questions that are essentially the same as the primaries?

Ex: Wash U's secondary:
If yes, describe in chronological sequence your planned activities since graduation or the last period of full-time enrollment. (maximum 1800 characters including spaces)

I'm planning on very quick summary of what I've been doing, but I've basically described in more detail my activities in the AMCAS.

Just curious what everyone else is doing.

Members don't see this ad.

That's all you CAN do i think. It would be weird if your secondary activities somehow were different from your AMCAS activities

kevster2001 said:
That's all you CAN do i think. It would be weird if your secondary activities somehow were different from your AMCAS activities

I was thinking of writing "See primary application" but that probably wouldn't be appreciated... I guess its just one of those hoops to jump through.

Members don't see this ad :)
Lanced said:
I was thinking of writing "See primary application" but that probably wouldn't be appreciated... I guess its just one of those hoops to jump through.
Tell about the same activities, but focus on a different aspect of that experience. Obviously they're going to overlap, but admissions comittee's do not want to hear the same thing twice. Tell them something different about each experience.

jstuds_66 said:
Tell about the same activities, but focus on a different aspect of that experience. Obviously they're going to overlap, but admissions comittee's do not want to hear the same thing twice. Tell them something different about each experience.
Good advice here. This is the approach I'm taking.

jstuds_66 said:

Makes sense.