Replacing with APs!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Virgil

Hi hi!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Question: I received a C in General Biology I and a B+ on General Biology II, but I received a 5 on the AP Biology exam in high school. I was going to skip these classes but decided to take them in college to help keep them fresh for the MCAT. Being hit hard by college, I did not do as well as I anticipated. Is there a way I can apply the AP credits and disregard the grades I received?

Note: I am, in no way, trying to bypass or cheat the system. I am just wondering, because this would do wonders for my GPA. Thank you. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Virgil said:
Question: I received a C in General Biology I and a B+ on General Biology II, but I received a 5 on the AP Biology exam in high school. I was going to skip these classes but decided to take them in college to help keep them fresh for the MCAT. Being hit hard by college, I did not do as well as I anticipated. Is there a way I can apply the AP credits and disregard the grades I received?

Note: I am, in no way, trying to bypass or cheat the system. I am just wondering, because this would do wonders for my GPA. Thank you. :)

Unfortunately, no. Any course you take in college is counted towards your GPA.

ADeadLois said:
Unfortunately, no. Any course you take in college is counted towards your GPA.

exactly. you can't bypass it with AP because you have to submit all your transcripts and that grade will forever be on your transcript

Members don't see this ad :)
nope, you're stuck with them now. Don't worry. I took AP bio and then went on to get a C in college by not going to class. So long as the rest of your transcript looks good, you should be fine.

deuist said:
nope, you're stuck with them now. Don't worry. I took AP bio and then went on to get a C in college by not going to class. So long as the rest of your transcript looks good, you should be fine.
Sweet. Thanks! :)