Reporting Academic Dishonesty?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Regretssss

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

Long story short: I have an academic dishonesty mark on the internal records of my school, but not on my school's official transcript. The incident happened 4 years ago, and I was irresponsible and take full responsibility.

My question is, since on optomCAS it says to 'Indicate if you have ever been disciplined for an academic infraction, such as poor academic performance or conduct violations. If so, provide an explanation,' does that mean that I have to address the academic dishonesty, even though I wasn't disciplined for that? I ended up having a C in the class and a 0 on the assignment, which was worth 10% of the grade. But I wasn't suspended or anything. Should I email a school and ask about it?

Members don't see this ad.

If I were in your position, I'd just come clean with it. Own up to it and tell them that you learned and grew from it. It's not worth the loss of sleep you'll pick up with 'lying by omission.'

But I'm also only a stranger on the interwebz.

Reactions: 1 user
OP already learned the lesson. Skip and bypass the hassle where possible. It's going to be difficult for the other end to comprehend with impartial and sound mind.