Reputation of Rosalind Franklin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cycler8011

Reaction score
I was considering Rosalind Franklin for pharmacy school but I heard they don’t have a great reputation and preceptors are not impressed with the students. Can anyone attest to this?

Members don't see this ad.

I can attest to the saturated market. Oversupply of pharmacists and no demand.

Reactions: 4 users
I can attest to the saturated market. Oversupply of pharmacists and no demand.

Truth, especially in that region. There are five pharmacy schools in the Chicagoland area, with two more an hour north in Milwaukee.

From what I've been told by those working retail in the city proper, it's a nightmare: hour/staff cuts, ridiculous metrics, pharmacists being fired for minor errors, forced to float, no leverage, etc.

It really is turning into the hunger games. Stay away from pharmacy. If you are deadset on the profession, avoid schools that have opened in the past ten years.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I have no direct experience with the school, but I will say that their HelixTalk podcast aimed at pharmacy students and pharmacists is very well done as a clinical refresher on different topics.

Reactions: 1 users
Truth, especially in that region. There are five pharmacy schools in the Chicagoland area, with two more an hour north in Milwaukee.

From what I've been told by those working retail in the city proper, it's a nightmare: hour/staff cuts, ridiculous metrics, pharmacists being fired for minor errors, forced to float, no leverage, etc.

It really is turning into the hunger games. Stay away from pharmacy. If you are deadset on the profession, avoid schools that have opened in the past ten years.

On the other hand, I work in the region and I’ll speak from my experience. I’ve worked with some pharmacists that are ridiculously incompetent, and somehow are still employed. It really does baffle me how some of these people are still employed. The hour and staff cuts are true.

The last two pharmacists that I’ve heard who got terminated in the last year or so, it was well warranted.