Requesting expedited review for interviews at schools

Started by rofl
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rofl

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have an interview scheduled for Dec. 8 at one of the Boston medical schools.
There are two others in that city that I have applied to that I am yet to hear from.
I'm a CA resident

1) Can I e-mail them to see if I can come into Boston just once during this interview process?

2) If yes, how do I ask them? The logistics of the e-mail subject/message unnerve me b/c I feelt beggars can't be choosers, but...it'd be awfully nice of them to do that.
 
Hey!

So, I'm applying from out of the country; it literally takes me 24 hours and more money than I like to think about in order to make it back to the states for interviews. I spoke with a former dean about this very question, and unfortunately the advice I got is that there really isn't a great way to do this and come off as entirely appropriate. That being said, I've heard other people sending "in the area" e-mails, so maybe it's ok? I can just tell you the advice I was given. I hope this helps!