Requesting for early Letters of Rec??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OPTfinder

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just graduated this year but I'm not planning to apply for another year or two so that I can build my application and since I graduated early. I have a couple of my science teachers that I can ask for letters of recommendations. But since I won't be applying right away...what do I do with the letters of rec? I'm afraid that if I wait to ask for LOR then they won't remember me in a couple of years. What should I do???

Members don't see this ad.

I just graduated this year but I'm not planning to apply for another year or two so that I can build my application and since I graduated early. I have a couple of my science teachers that I can ask for letters of recommendations. But since I won't be applying right away...what do I do with the letters of rec? I'm afraid that if I wait to ask for LOR then they won't remember me in a couple of years. What should I do???

You should ask them for a LOR now, because in two years from now, it'll be too late to ask or the LOR won't be as strong as if they're going to write you one now since you have recently worked with them