Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

required coursework

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by blackgirlmd, Aug 25, 2015.

1. blackgirlmd

Helloooo

I am a senior in undergrad and I have just finished my applications.
    Some schools require biochem and calc, which I have not taken yet.
    If I get accepted (a big if) in the spring semester, how would I be able to take these courses before matriculation?

I know it seems like a long way from now and I shouldnt worry before I get to it, but I am trying to plan out my scheduled courses because I encountered some issues this semester.
    Any help would be appreciated

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. feather421

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I would try to schedule those classes for the spring. You always want to have a plan when you go into interviews if they ask. Taking them at a community college over the summer would also work, but would be risky depending on when the school's orientation started.

4. blackgirlmd

that is true..thank you!

5. gonnif

gonnif Only 747 Days Until Next Presidential Election
    Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 7+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Medical schools are moving towards earlier and earlier orientations and consequentially moving up their prerequisite requirement date for accepted students. Many now have June 1st as the date; some as early as January 1st of matriculation year. Biochem is likely to be much more strict of a requirement now; Calculus is likely easier to get waived, especially if you have two semesters of other math such as stats. I would suggest you get the Biochem asap and follow by at least 1 term of Calc.