blackgirlmd

2+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2015
Helloooo

I am a senior in undergrad and I have just finished my applications.
Some schools require biochem and calc, which I have not taken yet.
If I get accepted (a big if) in the spring semester, how would I be able to take these courses before matriculation?

I know it seems like a long way from now and I shouldnt worry before I get to it, but I am trying to plan out my scheduled courses because I encountered some issues this semester.
Any help would be appreciated

feather421

5+ Year Member
Jan 12, 2015
Status
Medical Student
I would try to schedule those classes for the spring. You always want to have a plan when you go into interviews if they ask. Taking them at a community college over the summer would also work, but would be risky depending on when the school's orientation started.

blackgirlmd

2+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2015
I would try to schedule those classes for the spring. You always want to have a plan when you go into interviews if they ask. Taking them at a community college over the summer would also work, but would be risky depending on when the school's orientation started.
that is true..thank you!

gonnif

Only 182 Days Until Next Presidential Election
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
Medical schools are moving towards earlier and earlier orientations and consequentially moving up their prerequisite requirement date for accepted students. Many now have June 1st as the date; some as early as January 1st of matriculation year. Biochem is likely to be much more strict of a requirement now; Calculus is likely easier to get waived, especially if you have two semesters of other math such as stats. I would suggest you get the Biochem asap and follow by at least 1 term of Calc.

About the Ads