Required reading for future NSurg's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

CaptainJack02

let's stir and shake
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Finally, a neurosurg forum!

Here is some great reading about neurosurgery:

NS Focus - this journal has articles on EVERY conceivable neurosurgical disorder, some written by giants of neurosurgery.
When the air hits your brain - Frank Vertosick
The healing blade: a tale of neusurgery - Edward Sylvester
Working in a very small place: the making of a neurosurgeon - Mark Shelton

Add yours!
 
I definitely second the list above. I also recommend First Do No Harm: Reflections on Becoming A Brain Surgeon by J. Kenyon Rainer. It is no longer in print but you might be able to find it on amazon or e-bay. I read this when the neurosurgeon that I work with got me a copy for my birthday.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The three Ben Carson's books are:
Think Big
The Big Picture
Gifted Hands

All three books are a great read...especially Gifted Hands.
 
When the air hits your brain - Frank Vertosick.....is a great read!