Research for CV

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted645092

Since I'm spending sometime updating my CV in preparation for residency application time next year, I had a couple logistical questions about it;

-Does undergrad research still matter? I was heavily involved in 2 research projects and presented on them. They're still on my CV but I was wondering if they still deserve a spot when applying for residencies.

-How do I format a single case report and poster that was accepted to multiple conferences; It was originally for a conference that was sponsored by the hospital I'm rotating at, but also got accepted to the state conference for the subspecialty the case was managed by. It was also submitted to a national conference so it may end up being presented there as well. So do I list it as one presentation followed by each conference, or multiple presentations under the same title but at different conferences?

-For the poster above, is there anything specific I have to add to it if I couldn't attend the conference? I was present to discuss it at the local conference but not the state conference because of a family emergency, but it was still presented by the primary author.

Sorry if this is the wrong forum.

Members don't see this ad.

You’re likely going to get a range of answers, but here are my $0.02.

1) Yes, research you did in undergrad still counts. Just be ready to answer questions about it.

2) Personally, I would list the conferences that you actually presented at, and then in the comments, say something like “also accepted at x and y conferences”. Alternatively, you could list the national conference and in the comments discuss the state and local conferences. I would only list them separately if there is a significant difference in the posters (I.e. I did a research project and presented prelim data at conference x, and final data at conference y). On your actual CV, not ERAS, I’d get feedback from someone in person as to how to format it.

You’re likely going to get a range of answers, but here are my $0.02.

1) Yes, research you did in undergrad still counts. Just be ready to answer questions about it.

2) Personally, I would list the conferences that you actually presented at, and then in the comments, say something like “also accepted at x and y conferences”. Alternatively, you could list the national conference and in the comments discuss the state and local conferences. I would only list them separately if there is a significant difference in the posters (I.e. I did a research project and presented prelim data at conference x, and final data at conference y). On your actual CV, not ERAS, I’d get feedback from someone in person as to how to format it.

Thanks I appreciate it. Fortunately I can still answer the basic questions about the old research and my role, and while I was editing it last night I ended up listing the case report as one entry and then underneath where I said what conference it was at, I just ordered the conferences by date. On paper it looks correct to me but I'll be sure to have it reviewed by the residency director where I'm currently rotating to see what they think.

I agree with that answer. It definitely still counts.

As for the poster stuff, I list presentations for the same project if it was presented at multiple meetings. I just cite them with different society meeting names and dates.