Research ideas...?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CoAuD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am in the second year of my program and have had the hardest time choosing a research topic for my capstone. Does anyone have any ideas/resources to get me started? I'm thinking of just doing a survey, but still can't think of anything that would be interesting, ahhhh!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in the same position. Everything I think of is either too simple or too complicated.

Sent from my DROIDX using SDN Mobile

Simple isn't necessarily a horrible thing. Have you talked with professors to get any guidance on possible topics? Sometimes they can either get you pointed in the right direction or they may have a project just waiting for a student who is interested.

Members don't see this ad :)
normative data for vertical OKNs

Go simple! Do sudden sensorineural hearing loss or something like that.

Mine is on bilateral conductive/ mixed loss on a virtual patient with no eardrums or ossicles (ie. MAXIMUM conductive component; 60-70 dB air-bone gaps) and it's pretty hard! When I ask professional audiologists what they would do in such a case, 3 out of 4 said "mark it as a masking dilemma and be done with it" :( Obviously I don't get to take such a simple approach.

Consider that your research doesn't have to be groundbreaking but it DOES have to be consistent with "the field". Good luck!