Research ideas...?

Started by CoAuD
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

CoAuD

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am in the second year of my program and have had the hardest time choosing a research topic for my capstone. Does anyone have any ideas/resources to get me started? I'm thinking of just doing a survey, but still can't think of anything that would be interesting, ahhhh!!!
 
I'm in the same position. Everything I think of is either too simple or too complicated.

Sent from my DROIDX using SDN Mobile
 
Simple isn't necessarily a horrible thing. Have you talked with professors to get any guidance on possible topics? Sometimes they can either get you pointed in the right direction or they may have a project just waiting for a student who is interested.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Go simple! Do sudden sensorineural hearing loss or something like that.

Mine is on bilateral conductive/ mixed loss on a virtual patient with no eardrums or ossicles (ie. MAXIMUM conductive component; 60-70 dB air-bone gaps) and it's pretty hard! When I ask professional audiologists what they would do in such a case, 3 out of 4 said "mark it as a masking dilemma and be done with it" 🙁 Obviously I don't get to take such a simple approach.

Consider that your research doesn't have to be groundbreaking but it DOES have to be consistent with "the field". Good luck!