Research in Podiatry....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Foot

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone !!!

I was just wondering why in podiatry research is not on a fast pace as other medical profession? can anyone elaborate on this issue ...
thx

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
There's definetly a lot more podiatry-related research going on than I can seem to keep up with reading lol...

I'm a 2nd year student, so any research that I can currently do on my own is essentially limited to literature reviews (it's limited because I don't yet have clinical skill or experience and haven't seen cases yet). Still, I'll tell you first hand that whenever I start gathering background on a podiatry review subject, five journal articles turn into ten and then into 25 relavent articles very fast. Before long, I'm reading all week on the same subject :p

Hello everyone !!!

I was just wondering why in podiatry research is not on a fast pace as other medical profession? can anyone elaborate on this issue ...
thx

Research is probably one of the more important cornerstones in our profession and specialty - without it we'd go extinct and wouldn't cement our position amongst the other medical specialties. We are encouraged to get involved with research as podiatric medical students and are required by many of our 3-year residencies to publish at least once during our post graduate years.