research into pharmacological management of diabetes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mass

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am going to do a research project called 'pharmacological management of diabetes'. However, this is very broad and I am not sure which area to focus upon. Any ideas?

Members don't see this ad.

I am going to do a research project called 'pharmacological management of diabetes'. However, this is very broad and I am not sure which area to focus upon. Any ideas?

You can focus on the different types of insulin therapies that are out there and their associated risks. Or maybe you can focus on the other non-insulin therapies that are currently out there. **Hot topic - Avandia. There's alot of controversy going around about that currently. Actually, the Saudi FDA just recently pulled this product from the market pending more information from GSK. I'll leave the rest for you to find out. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
You can focus on the different types of insulin therapies that are out there and their associated risks. Or maybe you can focus on the other non-insulin therapies that are currently out there. **Hot topic - Avandia. There's alot of controversy going around about that currently. Actually, the Saudi FDA just recently pulled this product from the market pending more information from GSK. I'll leave the rest for you to find out. :laugh:

this is interesting topic, maybe insulin regimen within children?

Just did the April Pharmacist's Letter and it had an article about how there's likely to be a big switch to Actos. Actos lowers triglycerides and boosts HDL, which is the opposite of Avandia. I guess July is when the FDA is going to decide whether or not Avandia gets pulled.