Research on AACOMAS? Please Help so I can Submit!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Underdog1234567

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone, I'm confused about what to put research under. I read a few threads and putting it under ECs makes no sense

The AACOM website states under ECs:
Enter participation in any sports teams and/or activities through a recognized club or organization at the college or university.

I was thinking putting it under Non-Healthcare Volunteer or Community Enrichment b/c it states:
Enter volunteer work done outside of the health care field; for example, working for Habitat for Humanity, tutoring students, participating in or working for a fundraiser walk or blood drive, etc.

I received academic credit for 3 of my research experiences, no compensation

Any feedback is appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I listed my health care-related research (both paid and unpaid) as "Healthcare Experiences." In the "Experience Details" Section, check the box for Academic Credit. If the research led to any publications, I'd state that in the description box, and then list the publication itself in the "Achievements" portion of the application.

Hope this helps.

I listed my health care-related research (both paid and unpaid) as "Healthcare Experiences." In the "Experience Details" Section, check the box for Academic Credit. If the research led to any publications, I'd state that in the description box, and then list the publication itself in the "Achievements" portion of the application.

Hope this helps.
thank you!