research paper

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

MTY

my clinical research paper recently was accepted to Journal of American College of Surgeons. i didn't get a chance to mention it on my application.

do you think it's worth of mentioning it? how much impact will it have on my application to med school?

Members don't see this ad.

I certainly couldn't hurt! If you have already applied and have not yet interviewed I would call each program and see if they would let you forward a copy of your revised CV to enclose with your file. Most schools depending on their application processes are pretty good about it.

Congratulations!

By all means, follow-up with the schools you've applied to in order to update them. I don't care where you are in the app process (short of post-rejection), it is important and demonstrates your interest in the school(s).

Any time you send the admissions office something, someone has to open up your file and put it in. That's one more chance for our file to move into a review pile! Now, I'm not recommending chain mail, but when I was waiting on some key UC secondaries, I sent them letters saying "here's all the fabulous stuff I'm doing now" (meeting requirements specific to that school, etc) and "looking forward to hearing from you." I got secondaries from those schools within a week.