Research Postdoctoral Fellowship in Women’s Health - San Francisco VA/UCSF

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrLizG

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all! I hope a postdoc ad is welcome! Please follow up with Dr. Inslicht directly with any questions.

Research Postdoctoral Fellowship in Women’s Health
The San Francisco VA Health Care System (SFVAHCS) / University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is seeking candidates for a two-year advanced postdoctoral fellowship in women’s health.
Our faculty consists of a team of researchers from diverse disciplines aiming to understand the unique challenges facing women veterans. Ongoing research projects in our department include the following: sex differences in the neurobiology of PTSD; physiological, endocrine, and immune responses associated with trauma and PTSD; metabolomics; sleep; human fear conditioning and extinction; infertility, ovarian aging, and menopause; eating and nutrition; pain; cardiovascular disease risk, and breast cancer. Collectively, our research focuses on improving the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of psychological and physical health issues in women veterans.
For More information:
Contact Sabra Inslicht, Ph.D.: [email protected]
UCSF Website: https://psych.ucsf.edu/research/fellowships/women
VA Advanced Fellowships in Women’s Health: https://afwh.wisc.edu/sites/san-francisco-main
Requirements
Applicants must have a Medical Degree (MD) or Doctorate of Philosophy (PhD). MD applicants must have completed an approved residency. For psychology Ph.D. applicants, an APA accredited doctorate in clinical or counseling psychology and APA accredited internship is required. All requirements for the doctoral degree must be completed prior to the start of the fellowship year. US citizenship is required.
Deadline: December 16, 2019
To apply:
A VA-based faculty mentor or co-mentor must be identified. Applicants should provide:
  1. Letter of interest, including a brief summary of educational, research, and clinical experiences relevant to the fellowship, a summary of your training needs and goals, identification of potential mentors, and a statement of your career goals.
  2. A curriculum vita
  3. Three letters of recommendation from current or recent research mentors
Please include #1 and #2 in a combined PDF. Letters should be emailed directly by recommenders.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
No, it's not unpaid. The Research Postdoctoral Fellowship in Women’s Health is a small (less than 10 sites around the country, I think?) but established VA fellowship program. It pays whatever the going VA postdoc salary is these days. Take a look at the link to the hub site in the original post, I think it should have more details.

Reactions: 1 user
No, it's not unpaid. The Research Postdoctoral Fellowship in Women’s Health is a small (less than 10 sites around the country, I think?) but established VA fellowship program. It pays whatever the going VA postdoc salary is these days. Take a look at the link to the hub site in the original post, I think it should have more details.

This is all correct. The advanced women's health fellowship is part of the VA office of academic affiliations and is paid like any other VA post doc. You also get access to VA training and research resources, including MIRECC. It's 75% research, 25% clinical.

Actually, neither site appears to have salary/step information, which I found odd, even though it seemed almost impossible that a VA postdoc would be unpaid.

FWIW, I remember reading that thread about the unpaid postdoc at USCF way back when, and it still impacts my opinion of UCSF as an institution.

Actually, neither site appears to have salary/step information, which I found odd, even though it seemed almost impossible that a VA postdoc would be unpaid.

Interesting. Well, I know trainees who have applied to this particular fellowship (at SFVA and at other sites) in the past, and can say with 100% certainty that it is paid, and at the usual VA postdoc salary.

Reactions: 1 user