Research Topics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

adamsos

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I started school as a PharmD guaranteed admission student, but after two years I was not enjoying chemistry heavy courseload and I have decided to switch to Podiatry. I am currently completing my second summer of research for a pharmaceutical company (would have helped for pharm) but i have already gotten offers at different companies for next summer. should i continue this pharma research (great exposure, publications, responsibility, pay) or try to do some other research? I plan to shadow at a hospital and some private practives here and there, and more intensly during the year and next spring.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I started school as a PharmD guaranteed admission student, but after two years I was not enjoying chemistry heavy courseload and I have decided to switch to Podiatry. I am currently completing my second summer of research for a pharmaceutical company (would have helped for pharm) but i have already gotten offers at different companies for next summer. should i continue this pharma research (great exposure, publications, responsibility, pay) or try to do some other research? I plan to shadow at a hospital and some private practives here and there, and more intensly during the year and next spring.

Thanks!

I'd keep doing it... if you get paid and published, why not?

I did orgo research last summer and it's not like it was about the foot or anything.

I'd keep doing it... if you get paid and published, why not?

I did orgo research last summer and it's not like it was about the foot or anything.
Perfect, It is a great job, but since I am new to the whole pre-med thing I wasnt sure what kind, if any, lab research I should be doing before graduation. Thanks for the input!

Members don't see this ad :)
Perfect, It is a great job, but since I am new to the whole pre-med thing I wasnt sure what kind, if any, lab research I should be doing before graduation. Thanks for the input!

Yeah! Good luck! It sounds like a sweet gig!

I'm doing molecular bio research on fish right now. Basically just DNA purification, PCR, and running a check-gel. Honestly it is EXTREMELY boring, I don't know how the PhD's go to schools for years just to run these experiments all day, but I'm getting paid so it works out. I would assume the likelihood to find an undergraduate research project relating to the foot/podiatry would be very rare, so take what you can get. I might switch my research project to something non-bio related, just to dab around, ya know what I mean?