Research

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

baseball1986

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm doing science research in my undergrad and I wanted to know if each credit that I've taken since it is a science research do all of the credits go toward my science GPA? If so how many credits count toward it or can I take as many as I want to boost my science GPA? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

It is my understanding that they count towards science GPA within the pod application. Also, I do not know of any limit (I applied with 6 credits of research).

You might want to check into how it affects you undergrad degree though. At the university I attend, only 6 credits of research in one dept. can count toward graduation and only three towards your major (this can be solved by doing 6 credits of bio research and then 6 credits of chemistry research, with a total of 12 credits and 6 towards the major).

I've been doing research for 2 years with a Neuroscience Professor and have received credit during each semester. My question is will those credits I've received be counted toward my BCPM GPA or will they just go toward my overall GPA? Thanks