• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Resetting UWorld

PerAspera

May 30, 2011
  1. Medical Student
    Hi everybody. I am taking step in about 4 weeks from now and almost done with my first pass through. And was wondering if it's a good idea to reset it now or closer to the date? (I've been using it since the beginning of MS2, so my average doesn't give me a good idea of where I am now.)

And just in general how people go about doing it for the second time? Thanks in advance.

mdeast

7+ Year Member
    Jun 22, 2009
    1. Resident [Any Field]
      I'd be interested in this too- only got about 20% left to do. Started out in the 50/60's, but 3 weeks in I'm in the mid to upper 70s on random blocks of questions . Not sure if this is because I'm actually improving or because I'm seeing the questions for a second time and have learned those specific facts well.

I've also been combining this with Kaplan QBank. Though, while I find QBank helpful for learning, I always do significantly worse on it than UWorld as it tends to just test small facts rather than the more clinical orientation of Step 1. So, I'm hoping UWorld is a better predictor (i.e. still averaging in the 60's on QBank).

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.