Residency Applicant Support Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So I finished up my last rotation on Friday. Now I'm here watching my second episode of Law and Order (soon to be three in a row), and see no reason why I won't do this again every day this week. I have 12 weeks off until residency starts with absolutely no responsibilities. I love life right now.

Anyone have any good random road trip destinations? I'm looking for somewhere that's a <15 hour drive from Buffalo, excluding D.C., Boston and New York (been to all many times).

ETA: Page 13.

Montreal & Quebec

Members don't see this ad.

Never been to nashville.

Members don't see this ad :)
So I finished up my last rotation on Friday. Now I'm here watching my second episode of Law and Order (soon to be three in a row), and see no reason why I won't do this again every day this week. I have 12 weeks off until residency starts with absolutely no responsibilities. I love life right now.

Anyone have any good random road trip destinations? I'm looking for somewhere that's a <15 hour drive from Buffalo, excluding D.C., Boston and New York (been to all many times).

Well, with the weather getting warmer why not the shore? I've heard Myrtle Beach is quite nice, although I haven't been there myself in over a decade....Can't go wrong with Ocean City MD, Rehobeth Beach DE...Cape Cod?

Too bad Chitown is too far. I love to visit Chicago. Lots of fun things to do there...

Don't talk about me like I'm not in the room! :laugh:

Chicago is a blast. So is Philadelphia.

Don't talk about me like I'm not in the room! :laugh:

Chicago is a blast. So is Philadelphia.

Lol. Prazi, I really think you should check out chitown if you can get over there. I promise you won't be disappointed. It's a great city. If there is one thing I miss about it- it is rollerblading down lakeshore drive on a warm day listening to some good 90's tunes.

Storrs,CT. But only tomorrow afternoon.

I loved Lancaster county! Kind of the opposite of big city excitement, but could be fun if you have any interest in Amish culture.

Interviews via Skype the next three days. Here I thought the scramble was going to go quickly. It's been two weeks and I still am trying to find something. Here's hoping something pans out.:luck:

Interviews via Skype the next three days. Here I thought the scramble was going to go quickly. It's been two weeks and I still am trying to find something. Here's hoping something pans out.:luck:

At least you got some interviews! That sounds like a good sign to me. :luck:

Any news?

Any news?

Yeah, not going to Iowa, TX, Tulsa, or Loma Linda. Still waiting to hear back from Pomona. I'm considering applying to Cal Northstate, but I really am just tired of feeling like I'm chasing my tail. I've started applying to chains, IHS, and a few others. If I get Pomona, I'll take it, but otherwise, I'm just burnt out.