Residency Away-Rotation Objectives

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kmmymac

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a fourth year resident planning for an away rotation in Peru. We have to submit a list of objectives, and as this is a new requirement for the program, I have no idea where to start. Does anybody's program have these in place? All I know is that I want to do forceps and improve my Spanish!
Gracias!!

Members don't see this ad.

Use the link below (CREOG Education Objectives for OB/GYN Training) and compose a very brief action plan. In there, begin with " I am a xx resident at xx program and wish to complete a xx month rotation at xx location." Then state that "I hope to complete the following learning objectives: 1. xxx 2. xx 3. xx" and list some of the objectives from the CREOG handbook. I'd suggest picking some objectives that are under-represented in the US at the present time including: forceps, breech, vaginal hysts. End the letter with "I'd like to improve my Medical Spanish" as it will help me care for the underserved in the future." This should make a nice justification for your rotation.

http://www.obgyn.vcu.edu/residents/objectives/documents/creog_educational_8th_edition.pdf

Hope this helps. Best of luck!

Thank you for the response, I think I have a draft I am giving to my program director today!