Residency Interviews: What type of questions has everyone been getting?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmaTope

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
seems like a lot of programs just want to know more about you.

anyone getting clinical based questions on their on site interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

I got "Tell me everything you know about heart failure"

Members don't see this ad :)
I got quite a few situational questions "tell me about a time when..." I got a few clinical questions at one place (INR comes back at 7 what would you ask? Vanc level comes back at 40 what would you do). I also had one place make me do a mini patient case/SOAP note. Mostly they just want to know about me though. I haven't been terribly stumped yet but I still have one interview this friday so we'll see what happens. I'll be happy when they're all over though.

I got quite a few situational questions "tell me about a time when..." I got a few clinical questions at one place (INR comes back at 7 what would you ask? Vanc level comes back at 40 what would you do). I also had one place make me do a mini patient case/SOAP note. Mostly they just want to know about me though. I haven't been terribly stumped yet but I still have one interview this friday so we'll see what happens. I'll be happy when they're all over though.

wow that is pretty scary! i have 3 this week. hopefully nothing like that! i was under the impression that most just want to get to know me. i am doing 80 hour work weeks right now so it kinda freaks me out to get hit with that type of stuff.

to which you replied "my school aint taught me that..."

No more like "it is when your heart is really sad and hates you so it gives up."

No more like "it is when your heart is really sad and hates you so it gives up."

That was you who gave that answer?

I was asked about Xigris and infectious diseases- which happened to be my favorite rotation as well.

i was asked recently

"tell me about a time when you saved someone's life"

it made me chuckle. i almost broke out a soldier boy dance...... superman like ohhhhhhhhhh