Ivy.ch

2+ Year Member
May 6, 2018
Status
  1. Dental Student
What happens if someone is accepted to residency in a state which does not recognize the regional exam they completed in dental school? Would they need to take the regional exam after matching, or does it not matter for residency programs?

dentistrydmd

5+ Year Member
May 17, 2014
Usually doesn't matter for residency if you are referring to the NERB/CDCA etc. Once you decide to practice you will need the proper exam for the state you want to work in.

Aug 4, 2019
Status
  1. Resident [Any Field]
What happens if someone is accepted to residency in a state which does not recognize the regional exam they completed in dental school? Would they need to take the regional exam after matching, or does it not matter for residency programs?
I didn't take any regional exam being an international practicing dentist and the residency program had no issues. I may have to take a regional exam after my residency if I want to practice in certain states.

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads

osahon7

2+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2016
I didn't take any regional exam being an international practicing dentist and the residency program had no issues. I may have to take a regional exam after my residency if I want to practice in certain states.
What residency program are you in?

desertrat12

5+ Year Member
May 27, 2015
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
I called around and asked residencies, it doesn’t seem to be a problem. Only issue is if you want to moonlight, residency permitting, a state license is needed

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads