Residency questions - Oncology?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oigna462

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey is there anyone who knows what we need to get a good residency? I am a first year at TCOM. (I love the school!) Also I was thinking of possibly getting into a Oncology residency after internal med residency...is it possible...how hard?...what should I be doing now?????

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Heme/Onc fellowships are not that hard to obtain. Obviously, getting into the best IM residency that you can would help. You should also try to do your IM residency at an institution that offers Heme/Onc fellowships. Even if you do none of the above, you should still be able to find a fellowship somewhere.

I graduated from DMU in 2000, did a Transitional year internship and now I am an R1 at the University of Iowa. This is a great program. They work you hard and internship sucks but great didactics. The school has an excellent rep. Their oncology program is also great. Basically almost everyone of UofI programs are rated in the top 50 with the exception of ob/gyn, and peds. You do not have to do an internship to get in here, matter of fact it is a waist of time. Email me at [email protected] if you are interested. www.int-med.uiowa.edu/TrainingPrograms/HemOnc/

Members don't see this ad :)
I had to respond to your private message on the message board. Look under the "anyone here go to tcom" thread.

Watch out with SDN. It is very addicting. Before school started I would stay on here for hours everyday.

Good luck. See you in class. :D

Kent Ray, fellow DMU 2nd year here. What are the odds of a D.O. in the top 15-20% of his class getting into a allopathic Dermatology residency such as the one at U of I? Also what sites in Ohio and Florida are good to rotate through? I will take any other x-tra advice you have to spare.