Resilience question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fluffycookie1231

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently finishing my secondary for Toledo.

There is a question about resilience and adaptability and setbacks.

I really want to talk about not getting into medical school the first time, having to take an unexpected gap-year, and what I have done to improve on my application.

Is this okay as long as I frame it correctly?

Members don't see this ad.

I am currently finishing my secondary for Toledo.

There is a question about resilience and adaptability and setbacks.

I really want to talk about not getting into medical school the first time, having to take an unexpected gap-year, and what I have done to improve on my application.

Is this okay as long as I frame it correctly?

Here is the relevant prompt:
Discuss a specific experience from your life that you feel demonstrates your level of competence in resilience and adaptability as described above. As part of your discussion, explain how you feel this experience will help you meet new challenges you may face in medical school.

Bad idea. The prompt is asking for a specific experience, not about your failure to get into medical school, which would pretty much doom your application. If not getting into medical school demonstrates your mastery of resilience and adaptability, then a rejection from them would signify... ?

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Here is the relevant prompt:

Bad idea. The prompt is asking for a specific experience, not about your failure to get into medical school, which would pretty much doom your application. If not getting into medical school demonstrates your mastery of resilience and adaptability, then a rejection from them would signify... ?
Oh yeah I didn't think of it that way! Thank you!