Resources for careers in industry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

toshimonkey

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

I'm trying to find more detailed info on possible jobs in industrial pharmacy. I find retail boring. I love understanding the science of medicine and would like to learn more about what this side of pharmacy is like.

Basically I want to make or improve medications. I also have a side interest in computer science so things like bioinformatics interest me. I've done cursory searches and found a few things but a lot of info is outdated and I could use some direction from people more in the know.

Can someone point me to some good resources (books, journals, websites, professional organizations) that talk about this? Better yet if there are any folks on this forum who work in this type of stuff I'd love the chance to talk to you.

Thanks for your time.
 
Last edited:
Hello,

I'm trying to find more detailed info on possible jobs in industrial pharmacy. I find retail boring. I love understanding the science of medicine and would like to learn more about what this side of pharmacy is like.

Basically I want to make or improve medications. I also have a side interest in computer science so things like bioinformatics interest me. I've done cursory searches and found a few things but a lot of info is outdated and I could use some direction from people more in the know.

Can someone point me to some good resources (books, journals, websites, professional organizations) that talk about this? Better yet if there are any folks on this forum who work in this type of stuff I'd love the chance to talk to you.

Thanks for your time.

Sounds like you are more interested in the research side of developing new drugs. You should consider looking into some research fellowships or doing graduate research work.