Resume for Applying to MPH schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Aspiring.MPH

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

I can't find much information on the web about how you should do your resume for MPH programs. I imagine it differs from a resume you would create for a job. Does anyone have tips, advice, resources or sample resume I could take a look at?

Thanks!
 
Actually, I submitted a regular resume. SOPHAS gives you the option of submitting a resume or CV. If you have research/publications, it's best to submit a CV, but you won't be dinged for not having any.
 
I'm doing something of a resume/CV hybrid. I don't have any research experience, honors, or publications that would make sense on a CV, but just making a regular 1-page job resume doesn't highlight what I have accomplished academically or professionally that's relevant to public health. I haven't sent my applications anywhere yet, so I don't know if this will be successful, but it seems as if both regular resumes and CVs are acceptable.