Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a new pharmacist for Walgreens and have only been one for 2 months (been working full time), and I've already had 4 documented errors on my file. I've probably made more that just haven't been caught. Of the ones that were reported one wasn't really my fault (tech sold a prescription that I verified to the wrong patient), two of them were incorrect quantities, and the last one that's been bothering me the most was having another patient's prescription bottle in another patient's bag. 🙁 I try to be really careful but I seem to make errors despite that. I've been looking at our store reports and it seems like other pharmacists there only have about 5 or 6 reported errors a year. This just makes me feel like I'm doing a crappy job and maybe this just isn't for me. Not to mention the fact that now we get written up for dispensing incorrect packages. I just started and now I'm scared of eventually getting fired because of something like this and having a hard time finding another job as well. Any input on my situation would be great.