-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Retail Poll sort of...post where you work, region, # scripts per week,tech hours
Started by DAW2
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Kroger in SE texas, 1600 rxs with 200 hours.
And boy are we struggling. May be time to look elsewhere before something goes horribly wrong
What city? I only ask because that's the company I'll be working with and in the same region.
Last edited:
Kroger in SE texas, 1600 rxs with 200 hours.
And boy are we struggling. May be time to look elsewhere before something goes horribly wrong
CVS in Long Island, NY. 1500 Rx with 115 hours.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What city?
My guess is Houston.
DC cvs 800 scripts/ 60ish hours
Kroger in SE texas, 1600 rxs with 200 hours.
And boy are we struggling. May be time to look elsewhere before something goes horribly wrong
Trust me it could be much worse. I am guessing you do not have a drive through?
Do not forget starting here in period 4 the hours are getting cut even more because of how efficient the new computer system has made us. This time next year you will have 150 hours.
No matter what happens we will never suck as bad as CVS or Walgreens. At least I think we won't......
No matter what happens we will never suck as bad as CVS or Walgreens. At least I think we won't......
Walgreens in Houston - 3400/week with 250 tech hours
Wags, ky, 5600, have to check hours
Wags, ky, 5600, have to check hours
You do an average of 800 scripts per day? That sounds horrible! Are you a 24 hour??
Yup, 24 hr store. We sometimes hit #1 in the nation for avg scripts for wags. I've been there on a day we hit 1300 scripts and the printers did not stop all day. We had inch thick stacks of leaflets everywhere. I'd transfer, but we're the only store I know of locally that hasn't gotten hours cut lately. I think of it as job stability.You do an average of 800 scripts per day? That sounds horrible! Are you a 24 hour??
Yup, 24 hr store. We sometimes hit #1 in the nation for avg scripts for wags. I've been there on a day we hit 1300 scripts and the printers did not stop all day. We had inch thick stacks of leaflets everywhere. I'd transfer, but we're the only store I know of locally that hasn't gotten hours cut lately. I think of it as job stability.
So true about the job stability! While it would be stressful to work there, I would love the senior tech bonus!
At my store in a St. Paul suburb, we about average 2,520 scripts/week and that sometimes feels like a lot. We are not currently 24 hours, though there is talk that we will be soon...we are the busiest non-24 hour store in the district. I'm not sure about our tech hours but I feel like we are usually appropriately staffed.
how many stores are in a district usually?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
how many stores are in a district usually?
I heard 20-25 from a pharmacist I spoke to recently.
But it would depend on the company, right?
I heard 20-25 from a pharmacist I spoke to recently.
But it would depend on the company, right?
dunno,was looking for the magnitude more than an exact number.
Publix Supermarket, south Florida... ~140 tech hours... ~1500/week...
No drive through, no holidays, no late nights 🙂
No drive through, no holidays, no late nights 🙂
Isn't there a law on how many scripts one pharmacist is allowed to fill? Just curious. It would be nice to know the number of pharmacists and techs at each stores as well.
By himself? Or with the help from other technicians?
Or as an average from working with several pharmacists?
Isn't there a law on how many scripts one pharmacist is allowed to fill? Just curious. It would be nice to know the number of pharmacists and techs at each stores as well.
I usually let my techs fill actually... No max that I am aware of. There is a max amount of hours you can work as an intern though...
Quick question, I'm a tech and I've never got around to asking my pharmacist..
How do they determine the number of tech hours you get? It seems very inconsistent...
I'm not sure about techs... I think it might just depends on the store needs and how much flexibility they have with hiring. We normally schedule based on the busiest days and time of day. Monday-Wed we have 2 techs come in 9-5:30, then I go in from 10:30-7, and the PT comes from 5-9. So we have some overlap during the busiest hours. Thursday and Friday we have two techs work 9-5:30 and one tech 12:30-9. Weekends normally have one tech only (doctor's offices aren't open, shorter hours of operation, etc). This is also affected by what days/times everyone happens to be available though (Friday mornings we kind of need someone before 12:30, but no one can really work Friday night/afternoon except 1-2 FT girls so they can't come in before that).
I think the inconsistency between stores might occur because it depends how spread out the "busy" hours are (do you get slammed and then become dead, or is it consistent all day?) It also probably depends on the hours of operation (24 hrs or not)... etc. I'm not sure but this is just a guess.
Isn't there a law on how many scripts one pharmacist is allowed to fill? Just curious. It would be nice to know the number of pharmacists and techs at each stores as well.
Yesterday the floater I was working with said that once we get close to 2000 rx/week we will probably have 2 rph working at once rather than one at a time. I work at Publix though, so maybe it's just a store thing and has nothing to do with the law here. I'm just going off hearsay.
Sc 750/66
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
~1000/week and 140 tech hours usually
nuclear. ~1600 w about 350 tech hours or so if you count cylcotron tech
Similar threads
- Replies
- 9
- Views
- 4K