Retake advice for a friend

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scimusicgirl

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
First off, I want to clarify that I took my MCAT over a year ago and I scored well; this really is for a friend.

She got her score back as barely below 500. It’s 8pts higher than the last time that she officially took the test, but it still hurts since she was always making 500+ at home.

The only thing that I have advised her so far is to just take time to relax and don’t rush into trying to get a new MCAT score. She’s in the middle of applying and is wondering if she should just go ahead and apply, or wait one more cycle. I personally think the latter is better so she’ll get more time to recover from this.

I know there’s been others in her shoes. What additional advice/support I can give her? She has great clinical experience and a lot of fire in her belly; she has no intentions of giving up any time soon. I want to do everything I can as a friend to help her. Any feedback would be great. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Wait one more cycle. sub-500 tells me that your friend is lacking in content review. Also, your friend might need a guidance from an actual tutor, if she has been studying for a long time and hasn’t reached close to her target score.

Reactions: 1 user