retake course in post-bac

Started by gmcguitar4
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

G

gmcguitar4

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I am doing a post-bac now and retaking a couple of courses. I know that retaking is good for AACOMAS because of grade replacement but I have also heard that retaking too many courses is a red flag for med schools.

I have already retaken 3 courses and am now retaking 2 more. The reason is b/c I went through a terrible tragedy in my immediate family when I was taking most of my science courses. It really killed my GPA but I am working on fixing that. My reasoning for retaking courses is
1) its good when applying to DO programs
2) I feel that by retaking these courses will show schools I can handle these science courses no problem and my previous grades are not representative of my true ability

do they take that into consideration? is that a valid reason to retake courses?