Retake GRE?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Retake GRE?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

DeptfordDPT

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Scores: 150V, 150Q, 4.5AW

Considering retaking since my cumulative GPA is low. (3.2) but my pre-req GPA is a 3.6~.

Let me know your thoughts, thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Considering retaking since my cumulative GPA is low. (3.2) but my pre-req GPA is a 3.6~.

If your GRE meets the minimum requirements for the schools you are applying to then you don’t need to retake the GRE. A great GRE doesn’t make up for a lower GPA so if anything I would consider retaking some of those classes that gave you the lower GPA

I had similar numbers to you actually. I initially thought I had a 3.3 cGPA, but i just looked at my app again and it was a 3.2. My pre-req GPA for most schools was around 3.5 to 3.6 as well. I personally would retake the GRE if I was you because I think that’s what helped make me a little bit more competitive given my more subpar academic performance. I think first try I got 154V 154Q 2.5AW and second time I got 157Q 154V and 4.5AW. Sometimes a lower GPA, after you’ve completed your degree, won’t budge because there’s so many grades that are being factored in - it’s just harder to do and a lot of money. Good luck with whatever you decide to do! Low GPA or not, you can still become a successful PT!

Reactions: 1 user
I had similar numbers to you actually. I initially thought I had a 3.3 cGPA, but i just looked at my app again and it was a 3.2. My pre-req GPA for most schools was around 3.5 to 3.6 as well. I personally would retake the GRE if I was you because I think that’s what helped make me a little bit more competitive given my more subpar academic performance. I think first try I got 154V 154Q 2.5AW and second time I got 157Q 154V and 4.5AW. Sometimes a lower GPA, after you’ve completed your degree, won’t budge because there’s so many grades that are being factored in - it’s just harder to do and a lot of money. Good luck with whatever you decide to do! Low GPA or not, you can still become a successful PT!

Hey! Thank you for your reply and I really appreciate your insight. It has been discouraging knowing that my cumulative GPA is low, and hearing advice from someone that was in the same boat is relieving.
Thank you again!

Reactions: 1 user