retake lab?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Flyerphan6

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I have a question. I just finished up my freshman year and I received a D in my gen. bio lab first semester. Should I take the lab over or not? My premed advisor said that he doesn't advise his students to take the lab over as long as they bring up their grades the second semester. I got a B second semester which isn't great, but its an improvement, plus I don't think my advisor knows what he's talking about half the time, so please let me know what you think.

Members don't see this ad.

I get the feeling that some medical schools won't consider a D to fulfill the requirement. :confused:

Then again, I got a C- in chem lab first semester and it worked out ok....I don't know where they draw th eline though.

Maybe it would be best to call up a few schools and ask them if they would take that grade?

I agree with Foxy. I don't think med schools will allow it to fulfil their requirement. a D doesn't even count for school credit does it!? At UCLA you need at least a C- for credit.