Retakes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharmwannab

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I read in the FAQ that if you retake a course, when figuring out your GPA aacomas marks the course as a repeat but only takes into account the final grade you recieved in that course. (So if you recieved a C in biochem the first time around but an A when you retake it, the grades aren't averaged, only the A is considered. Assuming I didn't misread it.) But what if you retake the course at a different institution? Does this same policy still apply? I certainly hope so as this would be awesome for me. Was expecting only a 3.0 or so after retakes but now I may be capable of a 3.7 or so. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Pharmwannab said:
I read in the FAQ that if you retake a course, when figuring out your GPA aacomas marks the course as a repeat but only takes into account the final grade you recieved in that course. (So if you recieved a C in biochem the first time around but an A when you retake it, the grades aren't averaged, only the A is considered. Assuming I didn't misread it.) But what if you retake the course at a different institution? Does this same policy still apply? I certainly hope so as this would be awesome for me. Was expecting only a 3.0 or so after retakes but now I may be capable of a 3.7 or so. Thanks.

Same policy applies just be sure it is the same course.

3.7!! Great!

Members don't see this ad :)
HunterGatherer said:
Same policy applies just be sure it is the same course.

3.7!! Great!
Wow I didn't know about this. Is this only true for the national osteopathic school application only?

ac101ac said:
Wow I didn't know about this. Is this only true for the national osteopathic school application only?
Yes. It only applies to osteopathic schools.